The Year Of The Horse

swizzswizz Senior MemberPosts: 2,567 Senior Member
This year.
Peyton and the Broncs are unstoppable.
All of your Trout are belong to me.

Replies

• creekguycreekguy Senior Member Posts: 3,982 Senior Member
    Yep. No more Donko jokes.
  • how a bout a Sarah Jessica Parker joke?
  • tim_stim_s Senior Member Posts: 2,028 Senior Member
    swizz wrote: »
    This year.
    Peyton and the Broncs are unstoppable.

If they gave Lombardis in Sept he'd have a fist full of rings, but manning is no mudder

the weather will get cold and tough....manning will lead them to another one and done in the playoffs....this scenario has played out before
    Fly Fishing in Maine - www.flyfishinginmaine.com
  • yataheyyatahey Senior Member Posts: 5,605 Senior Member
    The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse:
    Welker
    Decker
    Thomas
    and the other Thomas

Watching the Broncos this year is like watching a snuff film.
    "When the goin gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
  • Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 7,027 Senior Member
    I agree with Tim that Manning is no mudder. If you don't agree with that assessment then you haven't been paying attention to him over the years. However, who else in the AFC is going to challenge them? The Chefs? Two words: Alex Smith. The Patriots? I'm not sold on them yet being as good as their record. Who else? Maybe HOU or IND or MIA but the Broncos appear to be so much better than them. The late season and playoff weather may slow them down, but will it be enough to stop them?

Sent from my ObamaPhone using Tapatalk
    Shawn C. wrote: »
    I agree with Tim that Manning is no mudder. If you don't agree with that assessment then you haven't been paying attention to him over the years. However, who else in the AFC is going to challenge them? The Chefs? Two words: Alex Smith. The Patriots? I'm not sold on them yet being as good as their record. Who else? Maybe HOU or IND or MIA but the Broncos appear to be so much better than them. The late season and playoff weather may slow them down, but will it be enough to stop them?

Sent from my ObamaPhone using Tapatalk

denver is the real deal....right now......i think that defense ends up being their achilles when it comes to cold weather and a physical defense slows that offense down; i've seen it multiple times when the Pats drove the Ferrari-offense - they are good, but they played a miserable baltimore D in week one (how many new starters?) and then 3 of the worst D's in the league......and it won't get any tougher for them until november - if they can do this in the cold, late season against decent defenses, i'll be impressed

patriots can't hang with them.....yet......but the patriot defense is the real deal, although the wilfork injury hurts the run D some......and with gronk and amendola back, look out......come december, this offense is going to be very, very good

KC looks legit......don't sleep on miami, tonight will be a test for them.....and the colts are a decent team, and richardson makes them all the tougher, especially late in the season

if denver could ever get montee ball rolling, i'd be a little more concerned
  • swizzswizz Senior Member Posts: 2,567 Senior Member
    Denver's D? The cold weather?
    Hell, they're D is not even at full strength and still ripping it up.
    Wait til Von Miller and Champ Baily are back in the lineup.
    Yup. I don't think any team is even close to Denver's talent this year.
    Von Miller contributing this year is a stretch

Champ Bailey is no lock to come back, and honestly at this stage of his career isn't anywhere near an elite corner any more....i think chris harris is a better CB right now; there's talk they would consider moving bailey to S if he makes it back healthy

i've seen all of this multiple times.....decent run defense propped up by the offense (other teams really have to abandon the run to keep up with Denver's scoring)....pass defense gives up yards, tightens a bit in the red zone, creates some turnovers......sound familiar? exact same formula the patriots have run the past 5-6 years......got them great regular season records and zero rings.....this denver team is a carbon copy

works great until: you see a physical defense that disrupts the timing......a team that can commit to the run and sticks with it, keeping your offense off the field, limiting chances....when cold/bad weather slows your offense.....you commit turnovers....manning IS going to throw a pick or two one of these days...lol

watch out for november.....KC/NE/KC/Tenn
    Denver's D? The cold weather?
    Hell, they're D is not even at full strength and still ripping it up.
    Wait til Von Miller and Champ Baily are back in the lineup.
    Yup. I don't think any team is even close to Denver's talent this year.

they gave up 300+ yards passing and 166 yards rushing yesterday to philly.......if philly had anything resembling an NFL caliber secondary, it might have been interesting
    LOL... Denver wasn't even playing its 1st stringers in the 4th quarter.
    LOL... Denver wasn't even playing its 1st stringers in the 4th quarter.

come back in december after a .500 november and we'll see how confident you are

i've watched this whole scenario play out multiple years.....it is why the patriots have changed direction like they have; ferrari's don't do well in the snow or in heavy traffic
  • ouzelproouzelpro Senior Member Posts: 5,361 Senior Member
    Too early! You guys are jinxing it.
    Yes, we'll see how it goes. Logic tells me it'll keep going too... right to the top. Make all the comparisons you want, this team is fairly unstoppable at this point and I see no signs of weakness.
    When their D is 100% again.... look out.
    I'm not even a Broncos fan, just recognizing a very well put together team and giving credit where it's due.
    They really shine this year and I think the best is yet to come for them.
    Yes, we'll see how it goes. Logic tells me it'll keep going too... right to the top. Make all the comparisons you want, this team is fairly unstoppable at this point and I see no signs of weakness.
    When their D is 100% again.... look out.
    I'm not even a Broncos fan, just recognizing a very well put together team and giving credit where it's due.
    They really shine this year and I think the best is yet to come for them.

weak secondary and a lack of a viable running game will both hurt them as the season progresses/in the playoffs....they are good, but not unstoppable....

they've had a creampuff schedule, and that continues through october, save for a stop in indy......who i think is a better game, but doesn't beat them

at least one loss to KC in november.....and at least one loss to NE or Tenn will bring them down to earth a little
    ok, we'll see
    Tim,
    Von Miller has been allowed to practice with the team throughout his suspension. It's not like he's been sitting around eating bon bons. He'll be ready against Indy.
    Champ may be moved to weak safety where he will shine. He's still a great tackler and knows how to take a line against a receiver, which is a weakness of Ihenacho right now with his inexperience. The D will continue to improve.
    yatahey wrote: »
    Tim,
    Von Miller has been allowed to practice with the team throughout his suspension. It's not like he's been sitting around eating bon bons. He'll be ready against Indy.
    Champ may be moved to weak safety where he will shine. He's still a great tackler and knows how to take a line against a receiver, which is a weakness of Ihenacho right now with his inexperience. The D will continue to improve.

they'll be one of the top AFC teams down the stretch for sure.....i'm just not buying all the ESPN ball washing

Miller should have gotten the entire season, if not a lifetime ban, for what he pulled........Goodell caved on that one big time

Swizz - we certainly shall, it's why they play the games!

the D will improve......but the offense won't sustain this all year, either

other teams will improve as well.......someone really needed to get to the Pats early......they will only get better from here on out.....KC is looking scary, Tennessee might be halfway decent......and we'll learn a little about Miami tonight

Houston is wounded right now, but there's no reason they won't be around late in the season, either

all we really know for sure at this stage of the game is the steelers and giants really suck
  • creekguycreekguy Senior Member Posts: 3,982 Senior Member
    Say what you will, but in the game yesterday the Eagles looked hopeless in the second half, and they are not that bad a team. A playoff game in the snow is always a tossup, but what if its nice? Odds are with the Broncs.
    creekguy wrote: »
    Say what you will, but in the game yesterday the Eagles looked hopeless in the second half, and they are not that bad a team. A playoff game in the snow is always a tossup, but what if its nice? Odds are with the Broncs.

the eagle secondary, and defense in general, is among the leagues worst

another thing to consider with the ferrari offense, the no-huddle quick strike.....it wears down your defense.....as the season progresses, they spend more and more time on the field.....it takes a toll

i have watched the patriots move away from it for good reason

mark my words..... .500 in november

they'll still finish 12-4 or 13-3......and they'll lose in the playoffs

it's the manning MO
    .500 in November? Ok, I'll mark your words.
    I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that you're a NE fan since you've mentioned them in all but one response in this thread.
    Belicheat and the Patties are not the Gold Standard of football, never were, never will be... no team is. If you think they are... start a thread on it. This thread is in honor of the 2013-14 Broncs and they are worthy.
    I'm a Vikes fan... but I really gotta give the Broncs credit this year. Last year they had the tools but couldn't put it all together in the end, I actually felt bad for them but the coaching really blew that last playoff game. They are a different team this year. They still have the tools and a much better game plan (coaching) from what I've seen. As long as Peyton stays healthy they are a solid SB bet and a really fun team to watch. They haven't been this good since the Elway era.
    But ya... I'll mark your words regarding .500 in November. I respect your opinion, maybe you're right.
  • I'm going to disagree here. I couldn't care less about New England one way or the other but it's been the Gold Standard of the NFL since Brady replaced Bledsoe.
    Steven wrote: »
    I'm going to disagree here. I couldn't care less about New England one way or the other but it's been the Gold Standard of the NFL since Brady replaced Bledsoe.

Brady has been pretty effective until now. It helps when you are surrounded by the quality receiving arsenal he has had though. Wes Welker gone. Brandon Llyod gone. Woodhead gone. Gronk gone. Hernandez possible jail.
    Without his receivers Brady is just another NFL passer looking for someone to throw to.
  • My point wasn't that Brady was so wonderful, but they've had a system there that has been the Gold Standard. They've had an awful lot of different receivers and different players over the years, but they could never be counted out. Brady goes down for a year, right?, and the Pats win 11 games with freakin' Matt Cassel, a guy who never started a college game.
    Lombardi Packers will always be the Gold Standard IMHO
  • jbillyjbilly Senior Member Posts: 5,407 Senior Member
    I will take that action. Especially since they only play 3 games in November, so it is mathematically impossible for them to be 0.500 for the month. They play the Chargers, KC and the Pats. They will not lose 2 of these games.
  • HextallHextall Senior Member Posts: 9,520 Senior Member
    jbilly wrote: »
    I will take that action. Especially since they only play 3 games in November, so it is mathematically impossible for them to be 0.500 for the month. They play the Chargers, KC and the Pats. They will not lose 2 of these games.

They could tie one of those games, lose one and win the other and it'll be 0.500 in November.
    Hextall wrote: »
    They could tie one of those games, lose one and win the other and it'll be 0.500 in November.

How much you want to put on that?

misread the dates

stretch of games nov 17-dec 8

KC at home
    @NE
    @KC
    Tenn at home

they lose to KC at least once.....and Tenn or NE also bites them

don't sleep on houston, either, as bad as they looked in the 2nd half against seattle

as to "gold standards", the packers of the early 60's are my all-time favorite.....but comparing eras is useless

over the past 20 years, NE has 200 wins.....3 Superbowl wins in 6 appearances, 19-10 in the playoffs, 16 seasons over .500....and that's including year 1 of the 20 when they went 2-14

hard to argue with that sort of consistency in the salary cap era

the only reason i brought them up is teams that potentially will represent the AFC in the superbowl.....denver is very good.....arguably the best team over the first 4 games (although they won't play a quality opponent until they see Indy).....but those handing them the Lombardi in September are premature......injuries could easily derail them (one good shot to Peyton and they might miss the playoffs altogether), come the end of the year there will be multiple contenders that can knock them off (Houston, KC, NE seem the most likely......but you never know what Miami, Tenn, Cinci or Indy could look like come seasons end, either)

its a long season.....enjoy the ride, but don't assume the destination is a given
  • HextallHextall Senior Member Posts: 9,520 Senior Member
    How much you want to put on that?

None... My scenario is unlikely. However it isn't mathematically impossible for them to be 0.500 in November.
    Hextall wrote: »
    None... My scenario is unlikely. However it isn't mathematically impossible for them to be 0.500 in November.

You sir are correct, I was wrong. It is highly unlikey, but it is possible. NFL ties are lame.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.