Home The Lodge

The Empire President

2»

Replies

• JulietJuliet Posts: 49,774 Senior Member
    Really? I didn't know that.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

That was a semi-joke. Who knows who invented it (or falafel for that matter)? But the Israelis, Lebanese and Palestinians all take credit for it. The Lebanese are particularly bitter about the Israelis' claims.
    The Israelis eat more per capita though, that's indisputable. They're crazy about it. They have hummus stands like Chicago has hot dog stands. For everybody else, hummus is a starter, for the Israelis it's the main dish.

The first 25% of Adam Sandler's "Don't Mess with the Zohan" (you have to be Jewish) takes place in Israel and is nothing but one long joke about hummus.
  • George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 11,065 Senior Member
    http://www.sj-r.com/food/x2022454553/Two-states-one-treat-Who-invented-the-whoopie-pie

I can relate. Pennsylvania and Maine are engaged in a fierce battle over who invented Makin' Whoopie. Maine even introduced legislation in an attempt attempt to silence the Brave Sons of Penn's Woods.

And 21-year-old Josh Graupera of Lancaster got so worked up after hearing about Maine’s move that he and a friend organized a rally in downtown Lancaster attended by 100 people, including one person who carried a sign “Give Me Whoopie, or Give Me Death.”

http://www.sj-r.com/food/x2022454553/Two-states-one-treat-Who-invented-the-whoopie-pie?zc_p=1
    "...this low-rent Lear raging on his Twitter-heath has proven that the phrase malignant buffoon is not an oxymoron..."

George Will
  • creekguycreekguy Senior Member Posts: 4,205 Senior Member
    Obama told the world that the United States is prepared to use its military to defend what he called "our core interests" in the Middle East: U.S. access to hummus, and the claim that it was invented by an American.

The circle of this thread is now complete!
  • yataheyyatahey Senior Member Posts: 5,605 Senior Member
    creekguy wrote: »
    Obama told the world that the United States is prepared to use its military to defend what he called "our core interests" in the Middle East: U.S. access to hummus, and the claim that it was invented by an American.

The circle of this thread is now complete!

In response to the President's claim Michele Bachmann noted that the founding fathers defeated the British on a diet of hummus and complained the President failed to note this important fact in his statement proving yet again that he is not truly an American.
    "When the goin gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.

Advertisement