Lonegan Senate Candidate To Single Mothers Stop Relying On Food Stamps And Go To Work

“We never had to have SNAP, when I was a kid,” Lonegan said during an appearance on Up with Steve Kornacki. “Ok, so, this thing that every single mother is the poster child for the welfare state is nonsense… I know a lot of single moms go out to work and do very, very well for themselves.”

I bet his momma walked five miles to work in bare feet too>

http://thinkprogress.org/economy/2013/08/24/2522701/jersey-senate-candidate-single-mothers-need-food-stamps/

Replies

• yataheyyatahey Senior Member Posts: 5,605 Senior Member
    Ah yes, the old when I was young gambit. Seems that's making the rounds these days.
    "When the goin gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
  • George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 10,048 Senior Member
    I bet his momma walked five miles to work in bare feet too

Uphill both ways.
    Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
  • yataheyyatahey Senior Member Posts: 5,605 Senior Member
    George K wrote: »

Uphill both ways.

Against the wind both ways.
    "When the goin gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
  • NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 10,247 Senior Member
    Someone needs to pay for those 15 children...

• BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 2,975 Senior Member
    SOMEONE NEEDS TO BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE.

Wonderful pretty much the mindset of many.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie just look at the flowers.
    George K wrote: »

both ways.

I bet she has had 5 miles but she didn't do it on her feet.
  • JulietJuliet Posts: 0
    It's oh mo better to place the irresponsible actions of adults upon their kids. Yea we is a Christian nation except when it comes to being Christian.
    Someone has to pay for that $1.2 million dollar home...
  • Yes Joe because of a few cheats lets starve kids. Brilliant.
    Have the children move in with you. You take care of them.
  • Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 7,027 Senior Member
    Buford wrote: »
    Have the children move in with you. You take care of them.

How about you start writing checks to solely mitigate the environmental damage caused by your 4-wheelers. Deal?
    Shawn C. wrote: »
    How about you start writing checks to solely mitigate the environmental damage caused by your 4-wheelers. Deal?

My quads do as much environmental damage as your car. I pay through fees and taxes just like you do.
    greenman wrote: »
    Yes Joe because of a few cheats lets starve kids. Brilliant.

I have no problem with helping single moms who became that way as a result of divorce, spousal loss or job loss. But those who choose to be single Moms, or those that have additional children while receiving government assistance???. Come on... It's one thing to help people in need through no fault of their own, but quite another to support frivolous choices...

Maybe some don't want to work...
  • MikeAMikeA Senior Member Posts: 4,172 Senior Member
  • Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 7,027 Senior Member
    Buford wrote: »
    My quads do as much environmental damage as your car. I pay through fees and taxes just like you do.

Here's the difference, or maybe its the same thing. You do not want your hard earned going to TANF/SNAP/WIC and I don't want to pay the societal or monetary price of some yahoo rippin' up the countryside while simultaneously causing massive amounts of noise pollution in otherwise really nice places.

If we let small children starve, it would be a good trade to outlaw non-commercial off road vehicles. Whie we're at it, get the **** horses off the trails also. Deal?

I'm only half yankin' chain. The ATV thing really pisses me off to no end!
  • Me as well. two seasons ago I had a family of four ride there ATVs across the river twice up stream, where they started is clearly marked by the guy who allows fishermen access. Large sign in black and white the size of a no parking sign in two different places along the trail. But do these aholes think they are "special" and with their two kids manage to f stain the water for a good 40 mins. I went ballistic. Dad told me he didn't "See the signs". Horseshit. It he and his family are that blind they shouldn't be riding ATVs. The entire lot of them kids include could have used the walking rather than riding if you get my imagery.
  • Shawn C. wrote: »
    Here's the difference, or maybe its the same thing. You do not want your hard earned going to TANF/SNAP/WIC and I don't want to pay the societal or monetary price of some yahoo rippin' up the countryside while simultaneously causing massive amounts of noise pollution in otherwise really nice places.

If we let small children starve, it would be a good trade to outlaw non-commercial off road vehicles. Whie we're at it, get the **** horses off the trails also. Deal?

I'm only half yankin' chain. The ATV thing really pisses me off to no end!

I'll take sea maggots as well. AKA personal water craft. F stains that run them into shallow water and mess up the turtle grass that takes decades to grow on the west coast of Florida is prime habitat for red fish, trout, flounder ect.
  • MikeAMikeA Senior Member Posts: 4,172 Senior Member
    How much does it cost to deliver 15 kids. The hospital bills for delivery alone have to be staggering. How can people continue to breed with no possible means whatsoever to support the children. Isn't that pretty much the same thing as child abuse? Is there no limit on how much you can F the system by using children.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.