Standing his ground?

bakerloobakerloo BannedPosts: 980 Senior Member
A pizza delivery-man fatally shot a knife-wielding robber after dropping off a pizza to a motel room.
Domino’s employee Bryon Park, 54, had just returned to his vehicle after delivering a pizza to a room in a Days Inn motel in West Melbourne, Fla., about midnight Friday when Fredrick Lorenza Kelly Jr., 32, approached him with a large knife, the Brevard Times reports.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/08/25/robber-brings-knife-to-pizza-delivery-heist-but-dominos-guy-has-a-gun/

Hopefully, we can get some pics of the dead guy when he was a 12 year old boy. That will help sway public opinion to convict Mr. Park.
"So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory."
Aldo Leopold

Replies

• jbillyjbilly Senior Member Posts: 5,333 Senior Member
    Didn't a Dominos driver blast some guy a few years ago and then Dominos came out and banned employees from carrying guns? Maybe I am wrong but I think it was Dominos. Anyway there would be now way I would do that job without carrying.
    Apparently it was Pizza Butt...

In 2004, Pizza Hut fired a delivery driver who shot and killed a robber while on the job, citing its company policy against employees carrying weapons.[25] Other national chains such as Domino's and Papa John's also prohibit carrying weapons, though many independent pizzerias allow delivery persons to carry weapons in a legal manner.[23][26] Employer restrictions on carrying weapons is a controversial issue in the U.S., where every state except Illinois allow most citizens to carry concealed weapons in many circumstances.[27]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pizza_delivery
  • Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 7,027 Senior Member
    If someone handed me a Domino's pizza I might also be inclined to shoot them.
    Shawn C. wrote: »
    If someone handed me a Domino's pizza I might also be inclined to shoot them.

LMAO...no jury could ever disagree with that!
  • JulietJuliet Posts: 0
    Dumb F**K brought a knife to a gun fight. West Melbourne, Fla means it ain't on the beach and watch out, hence the reason the delivery guy was packin a gun.
    I interviewed for a job in Melbourne about 10 years back. It was when the entire state of FL was on fire", talk about nasty...humid and smoky. Anyway I called my wife (fiancé at the time) and she asks "how did things go". I said it is like a tropical Modesto (for those who are familiar with CA...her grandparents lived there). We never spoke of relocating there ever again.
  • JulietJuliet Posts: 0
    jbilly wrote: »
    I interviewed for a job in Melbourne about 10 years back. It was when the entire state of FL was on fire", talk about nasty...humid and smoky. Anyway I called my wife (fiancé at the time) and she asks "how did things go". I said it is like a tropical Modesto (for those who are familiar with CA...her grandparents lived there). We never spoke of relocating there ever again.

I remember that. I wasn't living there but my folks talked about the smoke. I had a friend who went to Emery Riddle Aviation school and lived on the beach in Melbourne before construction went nuts. Miles and miles of beautiful beach with the occasional bale that drifted ashore. Surfing and watching sharks in the mix as well.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.