Darm!!!!

Auntie EmAuntie Em Senior MemberPosts: 159 Senior Member
B29 bomber (LILI) just flew over the house! What a sight! Never thought I'd see one actually flying!
Lord ... give me patience, and give it to me RIGHT NOW!!!!!

Replies

• FishTXFishTX Super Moderator Posts: 8,074 Senior Member
    lucky you...
    "We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.
  • creekguycreekguy Senior Member Posts: 3,915 Senior Member
    I'm sorry that Kuni missed that sight! Nostalgia, you know.
  • JLTJLT Senior Member Posts: 484 Senior Member
    They're making their rounds. The B-17 Aluminum Overcast was in Grand Rapids last weekend. I got to see it fly over on my way to the store Sunday morning.
  • magallowaymagalloway Senior Member Posts: 1,030 Senior Member
    As a kid, I lived in the far northern end of California's Sacramento Valley. I suppose because of the SAC base in Sacramento, large flights of heavy bombers were fairly common up until maybe 1957. I can remember formations of both B29/B50s and of B36s. After that time, I think they started practicing low-level intrusion missions with the B36's and they would come over the elementary school I attended at roughly 300 feet. That was a traveling earthquake and nearly shattered those huge plate-glass windows.
    Fun and games.

Jim
  • FishTXFishTX Super Moderator Posts: 8,074 Senior Member
    Now you are bringing me down. I'd love to see a B-36 in flight. There was a good chunk of one at the now gone Southwest airport around Ft. Worth. I got to climb into it once.
    "We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.
  • Auntie EmAuntie Em Senior Member Posts: 159 Senior Member
    A little "fleshing out". Just learned that the Commemorative Air Force is meeting in the town just south of us this weekend. This B29 is the only flyable one in existence! You can hear it coming for miles. (Saw it again this morning ... thus the fleshing out part.) Apparently there are many "vintage" planes out there right now ... a good many of them are allowing rides around the KC area, if you can pony up the $70 to $1000 charged!
    Can't imagine a whole sky full of the bombers ... the sight and sound would have been overwhelming!
    Lord ... give me patience, and give it to me RIGHT NOW!!!!!
  • JulietJuliet Posts: 0
    The annual Air Show was a disappointment this year as the military wasn't represented due to the sequester. You know it's Air Week because the military is allowed to buzz the buildings during practice and take full advantage of it.

Yesterday morning, there was some kind of attack helicopter hovering about 20 yards away from my terrace. It would swoop down towards a parking garage then come up and make turns around the buildings, then do it all over again. Some kind of movie.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.