Thread: So...California...late January...about halfway between LA and SanFancisco...

So...California...late January...about halfway between LA and SanFancisco...

...My have parts of two days to fish, depending on how other things go.

I'm all ears, and not opposed to fishing for bass or anything else....

No hot-spotting, just looking for ideas.
    "Just because I criticize your argument doesn't mean that I disagree with your position."

Check out these guys they can probably help.

http://www.flyfishingaddicts.com/forum/
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

Last time I was in LA I had a blast fishing for wild rainbows in a little mountain creek barely an hour outside of town. They weren't big, but that kind of fishing isn't about size.

Unfortunately, I couldn't tell you how to get back to that spot if my life depended on it, so this post doesn't really do you any good except reassuring you that there are probably good trout streams reasonably close to where you will be.

Sent from my SPH-M580 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks guys.

Brian....made me laugh. I know a lot of spots like that....I can not show you a bunch of them....
    "Just because I criticize your argument doesn't mean that I disagree with your position."

That is a problem. My solution is to mark spots on an old topography map software program I have. But you kinda have to be anal to keep it up. I also put markers on the thing when I read about some specific place to fish. Most of which I will never get to but it has paided off nicely a number of times. Especially when I first started fishing in Calfiornia.