Thread: I Have to Wonder....

I Have to Wonder....

....is it Legal? The Wisconsin Republican party is sending out absentee ballots to everyone--one page is the ballot, the other page is a two sided political ad for Scott Walker. These are being sent by town government---apparently being paid for by Township funds. I have to think this is counter to State election laws. But not surprising since Scott Walker has been found guilty of more ethics violations than anyone who has ever served in the Wisconsin legislature.

His latest is I've balance the budget as I promised, unlike my predecessor. note to Scott and the citizens of Wisconsin....you have to, it's State law.
    I find the assault on free thought disturbing,
    I find the willingness to give it up frightening.

monkeydoes
    are they actual ballots or a 'sample' ballot

Quote Originally Posted by monkeydoes View Post
    are they actual ballots or a 'sample' ballot
    We tore them up and threw them away, I could dig one out. I doubt that they are "official." My first thought was OK a fake ballot trying to get people to send these in thinking that they are "official." I doubt it very much. We are going to the Town hall to get real ones tomorrow and ask about this mailing. We also got two calls from the Walker campaign asking if we have received it and if we had mailed it in yet. Something really stinks.

my bad.... It's an application for an absentee ballot.

Hmm, even an application for an absentee ballot should not have political adverts on it. Let us know what you find out after your inquiry at City Hall.

Every special interest group hands out sample ballots with the "right" candidates marked to its members. I can't believe it's legal for a governmental entity to pay for an ad for a specific candidate, though.
    Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people look smart until you hear them talk.