Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: A Theoretical, not Rhetorical Question.

Jamespio
    I respect your decision flytrap. Having made that decision, I'd expct you to respect that it is intensely personal, and it is not your place to tell othersw, such as this motorcycle rider, how he or his family should make that decision.

monkeydoes
    what's the over under for when this thread flat lines?

greenman
    We need a Lodge Death Panel. I nominate Salty Dave to head it up.

James, your absolutely right it's not my place to tell others what to do, there's far to much of that in today's society.

I was just curious about how the Lodge felt/thought about this kind of instance. I was never asked by the family, nor did I tell them, they should pull the plug. It kind of rankles me to have to pay for someone else's stupidity, but as has been pointed out, we are all stupid at some point, and while keeping them alive at our expense may not be fair it is probably the right thing to do.

P.S. If I had been asked I would have said pull the plug because the guy's life as he knew it was over.
    Last edited by flytrap; 02-21-2012 at 02:56 PM. Reason: P.S.

Quote Originally Posted by greenman View Post
    We need a Lodge Death Panel. I nominate Salty Dave to head it up.
    Leading by example?

Quote Originally Posted by sherb View Post
    Its a $10 fine (doubled from $5 a few years ago) and the cops can't stop your vehicle for a seatbelt violation.

Just follow those dopers for long enough . . . they'll do something wrong. Then, the cops proceed as noted above.
    In PA it's more than $10 but is (unless the law has changed) a secondary offense for which you can be cited only after being stopped for something else.
    Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.

Unfortunately, the new cell phone laws championed by others on the board will lead to precisely that type of baseless stop by police trying to enforce such a law. Cops will be peering into peoples' cars trying to confirm cell phone usage and once harmless acts will become the basis for forming reasonable suspicion for a stop. From now on, never drive by a cop looking at your lap, your radio, your console, etc. lest you be thought to be in violation of the law. Eyes on the road and hands at 10 & 2 will take on new meaning now: police avoidance.

greenman
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    Eyes on the road and hands at 10 & 2 will take on new meaning now: police avoidance.
    Drivin down south 101.

Police Avoidance?

There is an app for that...

http://www.trapster.com/