... this trip:

Thanksgiving week with Son and his main squeeze, Courtney, in North Little Rock Arkansas. I really am delighted to be back in Central Arkansas and the peacefulness that come with a Weimariner and two mutts that crave attention and are learning to stay off the sofa. Enjoying Boscos and an incredible Hops Harvest Beer (local brew!). And the Little Red River at Heber Springs - the Home Waters of my Heart.

Firstly, Jack outfished me yesterday. Spent much of my time watching him cast, quite well, too, with Missy Izzy, now HIS Superfine 2-piece 4wt. (John McCloskey of River Through Atlanta Guide Service, did well training that boy of mine with some casting on DA HOOCH last month.) His first was a crappie, of all things, at the top of a blowdown. He caught six trout, mostly bows and one small brookie. He used an Ozark Angler beadhead nymph, sparkly gold. Secondly, I caught a green sunfish on my BLUE/silver-ribbed cJ variant and one 4.3247 inch bow with par marks.

Noticed a lot of surface activity by bruiser cruisers, nice-sized bows and brookies. Tho't to tye on some softhackles, as Jack observed them all swimming just below the surface and looking up. Worn out I was. Note to self: work JFK Park from top of flow, downstream - might end up staying with softhackle brassies at the first riffle and its skinny water well above the pipes.

The water at JFK was slightly dingie. The sky gray and misty-ish. Water was coming over the dam just below the gates. Considering the 6-or-so inches of rain that deluged the area two days prior, the water was fine. Tomorrow calls for sunshine and windy. At 13:30 the Razorbacks will tie into the LSU Tigers. I am sure to see reports about The GAME. I s'pect the Little Red will be all mine. Sunday, the Little Missouri will see Jack, his friend, David and me. Stocker trout be there, too. Jack says there there bee smallmouth. I have a sweet, forgiving Superfine 6wt that needs more than a g*lf-course pond to exercise upon.

Report on these forays later, with pictures, when I return to Hotlanta and my 'puter.

We all have much for which to be thankful; for me: Jack and Suzy, Tracey, too, my youngins; Courtney and her extended family (50+ of whom will assemble for a feast at her family home) and the many true friends I have in this world.

Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Oh, woo pig.