Thread: The Magic of Bamboo

The Magic of Bamboo

This book is dedicated to Hanno Jenkins who has Cancer of the spine and kidney. Hanno did not have health insurance to cover these conditions and a raffle of some very expensive tackle was held in Lyons CO to help defray some of the out of pocket expenses associated with this, during the surgery on his spine three disks disintegrated and he needed to fitted with a titanium tube to hod his spine together. The next surgery will be to remove his effected kidney.

Although the outlook is not positive at this point he is responding well to radiation therapy and chemotherapy is in his immediate future. The Jenkins have secured insurance that will help more but the continued out of pocket expenses will still be quite staggering.

My publisher, Dr. Todd Larson of Whitefish Press, has donated the cost of having the book "The Magic of Bamboo" published and the release date will be on or around Dec. 14. All of the authors, myself included, have donated the stories for the book and the entire proceeds from the sale of the book will go to Hanno Jenkins for his medical expenses. If you can find it in your heart to help by buying the book it would be most appreciated, thank you all and Happy Thanksgiving.

Link to the book is http://www.whitefishpress.com/bookdetail.asp?book=138

Have you posted this on the RM Board? I will get the book to help in the cause.

Sara,
    They don't know me there but they would know you, you could link to the post if you wish, my dream was to make it out to CO for their bamboo gathering to meet Kathy and Hanno but my illness prevents more each day. Thank you............
    banjo

I received an email today that my copy has been mailed. I look forward to reading it.
    Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.

bamboo1963
    I got an email about a week ago also, but have yet to receive my book.

Same here........

It was waiting for me when I returned from Christmas in Savannah on Dec. 28th, but I have not yet read it.
    Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.

How have you been, Sante?

Quote Originally Posted by ouzelpro View Post
    How have you been, Sante?
    Every day is an adventure! Been undergoing Reiki, Jin Shin Jyutsu and am in preparation for acupuncture. I have IVIG infusions every 2 weeks and pump handfuls of meds into me each day but I take it one footstep at a time and smell the roses too.

Quote Originally Posted by fishnbanjo View Post
    Every day is an adventure! Been undergoing Reiki, Jin Shin Jyutsu and am in preparation for acupuncture. I have IVIG infusions every 2 weeks and pump handfuls of meds into me each day but I take it one footstep at a time and smell the roses too.
    Nice to hear your (cyber-) voice!