Thread: First visit to WI

First visit to WI

Last weekend I fished two streams close the Twin Cities (thanks to some good intel from the monkey). It was good to see some new country and fish some new water. I was impressed with the quality of water and fish such a short distance from the city. Also, sorry the photos suck, I had limited time so I didn't worry too much about the pictures.

Wow, if I ever caught a Tiger Trout I'd take care photographing.

Monkey is a nice monkey...and thats a nice tiger. About the size of the first one I ever caught...just down the road from where I now live. I've caught quite a few since and once I saw a 20 inch female brown and a 13 inch male brookie spawning in the stream behind my house. It was january and for a number of years after that it was common to catch a tiger trout. One night I'm sure I caught a dozen during a caddis hatch...I also caught 4 or 5 doubles that night. The tiger is more aggressive and i remember catching one a half dozen times over a few years. Funny, how out west spring creeks are such a big deal...folks charge money and book outings a year in advance. Nelsons, Armstrongs, and Dupuys...come to mind. There are a dozen similar streams within 10 miles of my house. Welcome to the driftless...