Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pretty sad though....

Pretty sad though....

... that the Florida and Caribbean are relegated to the "Saltwater Board". Heck, there's saltwater over 3/4s of this big blue marble.

Think we can narrow it down just a LITTLE!!??

I'm new here and am curious about there being only 2 posts in saltwater--yours being them both? I agree about what you say.

ghost,

All was lost during the "overhaul" of the old FlyFisherman's website/forums. Most all of the people here are from the old board and a lot of them go way back to the old VFS board.

It'll kick back in.

So, in one instance, you are right. This is new. But on the other hand, some of us/them had 10s of thousands of posts before the "revamp".

Stop Whining...LOL At least now I don't have to join that ridiculous Facebook!!!!
    I'm sure they will restore or create a Florida board with enough prodding. I'm heading out on Wednesday witha FS forum member to learn how to bully net. I've been wanting to try it for a while now. Dolphin are off
    shore and I'm going to give them a try now that Tarpon season has crashed. I may try night fishing the
    bridges again but that is a pain when solo. For some reason this forum is not working correctly I have to make sure the whole word is on the same line???? As you can see the word make did not go to the next line. Well it did not work on the original post...Sheesh!
    Last edited by mtd885; 07-10-2011 at 12:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mtd885 View Post
    I'm sure they will restore or create a Florida board with enough prodding.
    I'm not so sure mtd. The Florida board was always dead other than the 2 months or so before 'Poontangle and the first couple of days after. Other than that, it was dismal at best trying to keep in touch with fellow 'Poontanglers.

Stop Whining...LOL At least now I don't have to join that ridiculous Facebook!!!!
    That ridiculous (I thought the same thing for a long time) Facebook thing has kept me in touch with ChuckS, Buttonwood Bob, Gary Kellums, Chip Owens, Don Griefe and others. You don't have to access the entire facebook thing once a Facebook site has been established for our 'Poontangle FB forum. I have another FB flyfishing site I frequent with some of the more nawthin' boys.

Plus ... there is always the Florida Sportsman Forums so I really don't see them adding the Florida Forum back.

Quote Originally Posted by gils_gone_wild View Post
    All was lost during the "overhaul" of the old FlyFisherman's website/forums.
    There is a way to find some of the old posts. Do a google search using terms that might be unique to the thread you are looking for. It helps if you add a username for a thread participant. The more unique the username, such as yours, the better. When the page comes up with links, and you find one you think is correct, click the "cached" link to the right of the url. I don't know if you can get a complete thread, but you'll get the beginning and some of the follow up posts.
    "We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.

Quote Originally Posted by gils_gone_wild View Post
    I'm not so sure mtd. The Florida board was always dead other than the 2 months or so before 'Poontangle and the first couple of days after. Other than that, it was dismal at best trying to keep in touch with fellow 'Poontanglers.

That ridiculous (I thought the same thing for a long time) Facebook thing has kept me in touch with ChuckS, Buttonwood Bob, Gary Kellums, Chip Owens, Don Griefe and others. You don't have to access the entire facebook thing once a Facebook site has been established for our 'Poontangle FB forum. I have another FB flyfishing site I frequent with some of the more nawthin' boys.
    Well Gil there is this thing called email. You should look into it...lol
    I spend too much time on FS already!

Well Gil there is this thing called email. You should look into it...lol
    I spend too much time on FS already!
    Email is so antiquated. Facebook can be face to face in chat. Heck, I only check my email accounts once a day if lucky. I'm on FB all the time since that is where my children and best friends are hanging out at the moment.

Send me an email though if that's what you like. I've already checked it for today though ... I'll get back with you sometime tomorrow ... maybe!!! HA!! :-)~

Here's a Florida forum that doesn't get much use...maybe you can hijack it? F3M Forum