Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Less Government In Our Lives?

Quote Originally Posted by fishingcomic View Post
    Most people on SNAP have jobs. Some are in the military.
    That is out right disgraceful.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie just look at the flowers.

Quote Originally Posted by sherb View Post
    The democrats don't care about deficits. The republicans only care about deficits when they are out of power.

Nothing will be cut, ever. The MOST we can ever hope for is to the slow the growth of certain programs, and even that seems unlikely.
    https://babylonbee.com/news/republic...-takes-office/

Can I just say this is probably the stupidest idea ever. This would end up costing more than just simply giving them the $60.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

So Bloomberg

"The firm estimated that Walmart WMT alone reaps more than one-fifth of all food stamp sales."
    I thought you guys were all about taking down the most evil corp on the planet.

Where do you think this food is going to come from?

I have said for a very long time that the biggest winner from SNAP was grocery stores and farmers.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

Can I just say this is probably the stupidest idea ever. This would end up costing more than just simply giving them the $60.
    Seems every one has forgotten the major criticism that came from the right when Michelle Obama advocated for kids eating healthy lunches. They should be able to eat what the want. oh well...

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenladle View Post
    Seems every one has forgotten the major criticism that came from the right when Michelle Obama advocated for kids eating healthy lunches. They should be able to eat what the want. oh well...
    Early candidate for “own of the year.”

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenladle View Post
    If you're paying for it you should be able to eat what you want.

I have said for a very long time that the biggest winner from SNAP was grocery stores and farmers.
    Some stores may be seeing the effects already. Dollar General and at least one other dollar store had stocks drop shortly after the announcement.
    "We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.