Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No Win Situation for the Israelis

No Win Situation for the Israelis

Ahed Tamimi: Palestinian viral slap video teen goes on trial

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-43032411

Is having to suppress a large population worth it?

Ahed Tamimi, then 16, was filmed by her mother, Nariman, shouting at and shoving two soldiers in the driveway of her family home in Nabi Saleh in the occupied West Bank on 15 December 2017.

The incident was streamed on Nariman Tamimi's Facebook page and video of the confrontation went viral.

In the footage she kicks one soldier and slaps his face, and threatens to punch the other.

Ahed Tamimi was arrested in a night-time raid days later. Her mother has also been charged with incitement on social media and assault, and her cousin, Nour, who participated in the incident, has been charged with assault.

Uh. . .what?

We're talking a couple of minor misdemeanors here, right?

Israel has much bigger problems.

country. (AFP PHOTO / Jack GUEZ)

An initial Israeli Air Force investigation indicated that Saturday’s F-16 fighter jet crash was caused by explosion of an anti-aircraft missile next to the plane, but not necessarily from a direct hit, the army said.

An army spokesperson stressed that the investigation into the crash is ongoing, but said that the current assessment is that the missile brought down the F-16, known in Israel as a Sufa.
    https://www.timesofisrael.com/idf-f-...d-by-shrapnel/

I can't help but wonder if we paid for these weapons.....

It's been reported that the downed fighter jet was one of the 80% of Israeli aircraft not paid for with U.S. aid.

I'd be more concerned with the fact that Iran is flying drones over Israel from its bases in Syria.

As for Ms. Tamimi, the best solution would be forced rendition, to say Haiti or Yemen.

The best solution would be stopping the forced Israeli occupation, thus eliminating the incentive for teenage girls to slap Israeli soldiers.

Quote Originally Posted by EdB View Post
    The best solution would be stopping the forced Israeli occupation, thus eliminating the incentive for teenage girls to slap Israeli soldiers.
    Maybe she can raise this as a defense at her trial.

I meant the weapons that shot
    the jet down.

Oh. Those were probably Russian.

If my aunt had balls...

I think the police should cease and desist from stopping drunk drivers, thus eliminating the incentive for drunks to kick nurses trying to draw their blood.