Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Snowflakes in the news...

If you think folks weren't traumatized by a Presidential election you weren't around a college campus when W. got elected the first time, or a retirement center or the Villages when Obama won.
    Last edited by breamfisher; 02-08-2018 at 03:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by breamfisher View Post
    If you think folks weren't traumatized by a Presidential election you weren't around a college campus when W. got elected the first time, or a retirement center or the Villages when Obama won.
    Being traumatized is one thing. And for normal folks...it's something that usually passes within a few hours or maybe a few days. Especially when it concerns a political election. We aren't talking about losing a loved one... You know...something that really can be and is traumatizing. But actually needing a coping and balance workshop to help deal with said traumatization from a political election? C'mon? Really?

Attending high school and college through the late 80's and early 90's I can't say I ever heard of or saw these types of behavioral characteristics.
    Last edited by NZ Indicator; 02-08-2018 at 06:52 PM.

When I was in college, we didn't have therapy dogs to de-stress.

We had Lucky Lager.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven View Post

We had Lucky Lager.
    Exactly!!

Quote Originally Posted by breamfisher View Post
    My brother lives near the Villages. After a few Happy Hours in the squares there I understood why it has one of, perhaps the highest STD rate per capita in the United States; Boomers and Geezers partying like it's Spring break.
    Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.

Quote Originally Posted by George K View Post
    My brother lives near the Villages. After a few Happy Hours in the squares there I understood why it has one of, perhaps the highest STD rate per capita in the United States; Boomers and Geezers partying like it's Spring break.
    I feel for him. I really do.

As far as the STD rates go, well, the place gets some weird news, even by FL standards. It's like a Hiassen book, only stranger.

http://www.slate.com/articles/life/f...p_history.html

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/florida...art-chop-shop/

Eh, that is overboard in a lot of ways, Joe. I'll give you that. However, I do find it convenient that it fits the far right anti-intellectual narrative very, very well. That narrative is that all college people are out-of -touch snowflakes and pussies. Gut instinct is better than book learning; hard labor is preferable to hard study; scientific facts are often conspiracy theories; the uneducated masses are the only real Americans.

I hope one day you realize you are being played.

Quote Originally Posted by George K View Post
    My dad lived there with his wife while they were waiting for their house in Utah to get built. They seemed to like it a lot.

BTW working with FEMA you know who the most entitled whiners were demanding their handouts? Rich people.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Steven View Post

We had Lucky Lager.
    You realize this is just an excuse to take your dog to a restaurant.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by NZ Indicator View Post
    Being traumatized is one thing. And for normal folks...it's something that usually passes within a few hours or maybe a few days. Especially when it concerns a political election.

Bull Pucky most of you guys still haven't gotten over Obama.