Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Snowflakes in the news...

Lol. Just because I have stuff like this that randomly show up in my online feeds doesn't mean I go searching for it.

Nothing was proved. You crack me up sometimes.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

How do you think this stuff ends up in your online feed? Hint it is called your search history.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by fishingcomic View Post
    How do you think this stuff ends up in your online feed? Hint it is called your search history.
    As I posted earlier if you were paying attention. Friends and friends of friends share this stuff on Facebook. Nothing to do with my search history.

ding dong...

Its actually rather remarkable that the ideological sorting that occurs everywhere else hasn't occurred on the board here. I wonder why that is.

Stockholm Syndrome?

In grand Trumpian tradition, I hereby rename NZindicator “Snowflake Joe.”

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn C. View Post
    But why worry about it? It isn't a news story. It's click-bait bullshit to fire you up over a non-issue. Are those people pussies? Hell yes, but it isn't like pussies were invented the day Obama was elected.
    When did people start wearing bike helmets? That was the day pussies were invented.

Bike helmets protect one's perfectly gelled and coifed hair from those nasty old elements.
    Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.

Joe,

Ever consider that this isn't new? It may not even be more common today. We are bombarded by news that we didn't get a decade or so ago. We used get the local news and little national news. These days, if somebody in Siberia has the sniffles, it's on the net.
    "We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.

Quote Originally Posted by FishTX View Post
    Joe,

Ever consider that this isn't new?
    But it is new. Ever consider that? As described and defined in the links I posted earlier.

In the wake of the recent presidential election, colleges provided safe spaces and counseling services for students “traumatized” by the result. For example, at the University of Massachusetts Boston, students were invited to a “Coping and Balance” workshop to play with “Doggo, the therapy dog.

Meanwhile, many North Carolina universities were holding final exam “relaxation” events. At UNC-Asheville, UNC-Wilmington, and UNC-Charlotte, students weregiven opportunities to de-stress by filling-in “adult” coloring books. East Carolina University and NC State University students could play with puppies, and UNC-Chapel Hill offered therapy cats and mini horses.

These cases seem to embody a problem identified last year by Greg Lukianoff and Jonathan Haidt in an Atlantic story titled “The Coddling of the American Mind.” The authors argued that campus culture “presumes an extraordinary fragility of the collegiate psyche, and therefore elevates the goal of protecting students from psychological harm.”

Seriously FishTX? Can you think of any time in your lifetime where people were traumatized by a presidential election and needed a coping and balance workshop?

Warning...long article...

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine...n-mind/399356/

Last edited by NZ Indicator; 02-08-2018 at 02:38 PM.