Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Snowflakes in the news...

Get off my lawn Shawn! 😉

Don't really have to go looking for it. It's all in plain site if you pay attention.

But seriously though....The horror of it all right?

Asking an employee to put a product in its designated spot on the shelf...surely the makings of something to cry about.

And if restocking shelves is causing them to break out in tears then maybe they need to find a better find a way to deal with it and work extra hard to keep that job. Because the type of person who would cry over something like that is the type of person who's professional climax will be no greater than stocking shelves or handing out carts at Walmart.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

But why worry about it? It isn't a news story. It's click-bait bullshit to fire you up over a non-issue. Are those people pussies? Hell yes, but it isn't like pussies were invented the day Obama was elected.

That's the thing. I don't worry about it, but find it rather sad and sometimes amusing the shift we've had with the younger generation the past 10 years or so turning into a bunch of pussies.

As someone in his mid 40s I'm not very far removed from the generation entering the work force the past 20 years, so I'm not at the get off my lawn stage yet.

These snowflakes grow up being brainwashed with a sense of entitlement and a hatred of capitalism. Then they enter the real world where entitlement doesn't exist, capitalism shows no mercy and they cant cope. Kind of sad if you ask me.

Last edited by NZ Indicator; 02-07-2018 at 03:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NZ Indicator View Post
    That's the thing. I don't worry about it, but find it rather sad and sometimes amusing the shift we've had with the younger generation the past 10 years or so turning into a bunch of pussies.

As someone in his mid 40s I'm not very far removed from the generation entering the work force the past 20 years, so I'm not at the get off my lawn stage yet.

These snowflakes grow up being brainwashed with a sense of entitlement and a hatred of capitalism. Then they enter the real world where entitlement doesn't exist, capitalism shows no mercy and they cant cope. Kind of sad if you ask me.

Funny, I reared four of your 'snowflakes:' one is a highly respected software engineer; one manages the warehouse for a major music and book chain in Northern New England; one has taught at the Middle-School level for twenty-one years and is a successful and well-noted artist here in Maine; the fourth just paid off her student loans and is headed to seminary as a doctoral candidate in religious studies. I've seen damned few tears, a lot of hard work, and a whole lot of coping.

As far as the Whole Foods situation is concerned, Would you like to work for an organization which has superiors measuring shelf space to the square inch and grading you on its 'proper' use? Maybe you've been lucky enough in your career to evade world-class 'user' managers and Byzantine corporate edicts, but a damned lot of us didn't have the opportunity. I can remember times forty years ago that I spent twenty minutes or more a day kicking empty boxes behind a data center to keep from literally going postal; it goes on, it's been going on forever, and those at the bottom of the food chain (either employees or low-level managers) get to absorb it. Remember, shit runs downhill, and when you're neck-deep in shit, it's damned easy to break down.

Jim
    Last edited by magalloway; 02-07-2018 at 04:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn C. View Post
    For a person who doesn't pay attention except for the evening local news broadcast you sure are adept at finding any nugget of information to fit your strange fixation on perceived snowflakism.

I wonder how much "news" information one would have to consume to be abreast of all these developments in the world of snowflakes? Are you really a rabid consumer of alt-right "news" stories or just a younger version of the cranky uncle who forwards chain e-mails full of drivel?
    I would say is fixation is a form of snowflakism. He spends all day trying to find news that offends him.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by magalloway View Post
    Funny, I reared four of your 'snowflakes:' one is a highly respected software engineer; one manages the warehouse for a major music and book chain in Northern New England; one has taught at the Middle-School level for twenty-one years and is a successful and well-noted artist here in Maine; the fourth just paid off her student loans and is headed to seminary as a doctoral candidate in religious studies. I've seen damned few tears, a lot of hard work, and a whole lot of coping.

As far as the Whole Foods situation is concerned, Would you like to work for an organization which has superiors measuring shelf space to the square inch and grading you on its 'proper' use? Maybe you've been lucky enough in your career to evade world-class 'user' managers and Byzantine corporate edicts, but a damned lot of us didn't have the opportunity. I can remember times forty years ago that I spent twenty minutes or more a day kicking empty boxes behind a data center to keep from literally going postal; it goes on, it's been going on forever, and those at the bottom of the food chain (either employees or low-level managers) get to absorb it. Remember, shit runs downhill, and when you're neck-deep in shit, it's damned easy to break down.

Jim
    It definitely doesn't apply to everyone. But it seems to be a thing that's a lot more prevent today than it was years ago.

I've raised 2 kids also that are hard workers. They are currently managers of banks and climbing the ladder.

Quote Originally Posted by fishingcomic View Post
    He spends all day trying to find news that offends him.
    Apparently you didn't read this thread very thoroughly.

If you did, you would know your statement isn't true.

I am getting that from every thread you post.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

Some of you think as though it's non-existent. It's real and has even been defined and written about.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Generation_Snowflake

https://www.amazon.com/Snowflake-Eff.../dp/1499795424

https://growingleaders.com/blog/how-...ke-generation/

Thanks for proving my point