Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What's the big deal with this Memo?

This memo reminds me of "Welcome back Kotter"---(if your old enough)

Please excuse Epstein from class

Signed
    Epstein's Mother

Up your nose with a rubber hose.
    All of your Trout are belong to me.

This was likely before Travolta found the beauty in Scientology

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn C. View Post
    It is cherry picked political hit piece in an attempt to give Trump cover so he can fire Rosenstein.
    I don't buy this one bit, and I really don’t understand how anyone can. Partisan politics aside, they got a FISA warrant based on unverified dossier that was paid for by the opposition to the administration it was directed at. That’s fact. They failed on multiple occasions to disclose the connections. Mccabe admitted that without the dossier there would be no FISA warrant. The dems fought tooth and nail against releasing this doc claiming national security risks.

“Second, we knew that Steele shopped the information in the dossier to various reporters to try to get them published during the election. Third, the contents of this dossier were so unverified that virtually all of the reporters declined to run the story during the campaign.”

“However, my greatest concern is what is not in the dossier: classified information “jeopardizing national security.” Leaders like Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) declared that the committee had moved beyond “dangerous irresponsibility and disregard for our national security” and “disregarded the warnings of the Justice Department and the FBI.”
    Now we can read the memo. There is a sharp and alarming disconnect between the descriptions of Pelosi and the House Intelligence Committee’s Ranking Minority Member Adam Schiff (D-Calif.) and the actual document. It clearly does not contain information that would reveal sources or methods.”

That’s a cherry alright. A big fat juicy one that certainly needed picking.

Did anyone notice how after it was released the Dems turned it from a bomb blast to the intelligence community, to a nothing burger?
    Last edited by MikeA; 02-06-2018 at 02:54 PM.

They always claimed the memo was cherry picked and biased, designed to give the President cover so he can fire Mueller. Nobody admitted that without the dossier there would be no FISA warrant the warrant came about because of intelligence provided by the Australians and other evidence including words from Carter Page's own mouth. Remember this stuff has to go before a judge.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

What is funny is this is about Carter Page a man that Trump says he never really met.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by fishingcomic View Post
    What is funny is this is about Carter Page a man that Trump says he never really met.
    I think you mean George Popatopolis

Quote Originally Posted by fishingcomic View Post
    They always claimed the memo was cherry picked and biased, designed to give the President cover so he can fire Mueller. Nobody admitted that without the dossier there would be no FISA warrant the warrant came about because of intelligence provided by the Australians and other evidence including words from Carter Page's own mouth. Remember this stuff has to go before a judge.

So whens the firing?

"Nobody admitted that without the dossier there would be no FISA warrant" Right. He said it but "It was taken out of context" then he was removed from his position as DD of the FBI... I'm not pretending this is some sort of watershed moment, but it's certainly exposing some seriously questionable motives and conflicts of interest within the FBI and DOJ. If you can't see that, you need to remove the rose colored glasses.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
    If you can't see that, you need to remove the rose colored glasses.
    Pot... meet kettle. Holy crap Mike, you really need to listen to or read some other form of news. The stuff you have going on is pretty sketchy on facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenladle View Post
    Pot... meet kettle. Holy crap Mike, you really need to listen to or read some other form of news. The stuff you have going on is pretty sketchy on facts.
    I'm not sure how I could possibly diversify my news any more than I already do.

Maybe you can point me to the article where the "constitutional crisis" that this memo created is outlined?