Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 58

Thread: "The Useful Idiocy of Donald Trump"

  1. #41
    Senior Member fishingcomic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    21,058
    No, your point is irrelevant. When it comes to pandering to the hatred of his base or finding a solution, he will choose the former.
    Last edited by fishingcomic; 02-01-2018 at 02:51 PM.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

  2. #42
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    90,800
    So, I guess we're back to Trump being an idiot rather than an evil genius, since his proposed solution completely pissed off his base.

  3. #43
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,346
    Well if you weigh opinions based on life achievements-(unlike the game show host who was born privileged) -and if you were savvy enough to sit on the board at Exxon---then people may respect or at least notice your opinion

    And his opinion of Trump I believe was F'n Moron

  4. #44
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,353
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven View Post
    So, I guess we're back to Trump being an idiot rather than an evil genius, since his proposed solution completely pissed off his base.
    Thing is, I don't see all these pissed off people. I see folks in a pretty good mood about it all. What will the left accuse us of once the racist argument is vanquished? "Finally, people are getting woke and walking off the democrat plantation" ~Diamond and Silk

  5. #45
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,346
    Maybe they'll get to accuse you of running up a record breaking deficit by lowering taxes on the wealthy and set the standard for deficit spending

    Or maybe they'll get to accuse you of side-stepping environmental concerns by opening protected lands for development---yay clean coal!!

    Or maybe they'll accuse you of endangering coastal states by broadening oil exploration off their coasts (All except the view from Mar lago)

    Or maybe they can accuse you of bailing on the Paris Accord telling the world that today's dollar means more than tomorrow

    Racism??---that's only a percent of the whole Trump experience

  6. #46
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,353
    Quote Originally Posted by Bushart View Post
    Maybe they'll get to accuse you of running up a record breaking deficit by lowering taxes on the wealthy and set the standard for deficit spending

    Or maybe they'll get to accuse you of side-stepping environmental concerns by opening protected lands for development---yay clean coal!!

    Or maybe they'll accuse you of endangering coastal states by broadening oil exploration off their coasts (All except the view from Mar lago)

    Or maybe they can accuse you of bailing on the Paris Accord telling the world that today's dollar means more than tomorrow

    Racism??---that's only a percent of the whole Trump experience
    Or maybe a lot of this is hyperbole and by putting Americas needs first for a term or two, we become stronger, and better positioned to address some of these issues. We have places today, where the conditions are worse than third world countries, right here in America. We have cities with murder rates that look like war zones. We need jobs! We need a booming economy. We need to help the minorities who have been struggling for generations, not the folks who walked across our border last week. What's so wrong with wanting to put our needs up front for a bit.

  7. #47
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    90,800
    Quote Originally Posted by Bushart View Post
    Well if you weigh opinions based on life achievements-(unlike the game show host who was born privileged) -and if you were savvy enough to sit on the board at Exxon---then people may respect or at least notice your opinion

    And his opinion of Trump I believe was F'n Moron
    I'm good with that. Just pick one.

  8. #48
    Super Moderator George K's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Deep South-Central PA
    Posts
    8,235
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven View Post
    I'm good with that. Just pick one.
    Righties might prefer going with the Dirty Digger's (AKA Rupert Murdoch) conclusion after a conversation with him: "He's a f***ing idiot". More choices are good.
    Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.

  9. #49
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    In a country full of snowflakes
    Posts
    8,958
    Quote Originally Posted by fishingcomic View Post
    Perhaps, but I don't recall such vulgarity coming from a White House before.
    http://www.nbc12.com/story/19919569/...-potus-history

  10. #50
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lakewood co
    Posts
    3,897
    tonight, the latest from Comey. Wow.

    James Comey‏ Verified account @Comey

    All should appreciate the FBI speaking up. I wish more of our leaders would. But take heart: American history shows that, in the long run, weasels and liars never hold the field, so long as good people stand up. Not a lot of schools or streets named for Joe McCarthy.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •