Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pres. Winfrey...

Quote Originally Posted by Steven View Post
    It may be doubtful that those people can fill the jobs where we're seeing growth.

Meanwhile, the President says he can beat Oprah, so I'd write her off.
    Has he given her a name yet? Nopra?
    Edit to add that I actually like Opra. She's a Nashville girl that made it through some tough times I'm sure. I haven’t watched her or her network in over 10 years and I don’t know about her political beliefs. I prefer to keep it that way.
    Last edited by MikeA; 01-09-2018 at 08:49 PM.

No Mike but I’m anxiously awaiting that. He does have a gift in that arena. I like “Sloppy Steve.” Not his best work, but still pretty solid. He cannot ever hope to achieve the heights of “Li’l Marco” again, but I still love the nicknames. I mean, you gotta have something to laugh at while Rome burns, right?

Quote Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
    Yea, it's so bad. Record low unemployment. Record high DOW. Home ownership up. Consumer confidence up. Tax reform. GDP at 3%. Pulled out of TPP. Manufacturing jobs moving back to the US. FINALLY declared the biggest killer of Americans as an emergency health crisis!! It's so bad!

For as much as we in the left bitch about this guy, the one defining trait of his term thus far is a lack of concrete accomplishments. He hasn’t done much of anything other than golf and live-tweet cable news shows. So to give him any credit for real accomplishments (other than Gorsuch, trade isolationism & climate change policy reversal) is not an actual portrayal. And please don’t cite the tax cuts for the donor class. He did nothing except sign the damned thing. Now if you want to talk about unquantifiable achievements such as saber rattling and damaging our international reputation then we can have that discussion.

As Sherb, George and I have stated, Trump would be incredibly frightening if he and his administration had a modicum of competence.
    Last edited by Shawn C.; 01-09-2018 at 08:59 PM.

Oh, I see how this works. Had all these great achievements tanked (as was predicted by every major media outlet and political pundit) it would have been 100% Trump and the Trump voters Fault. However, since none of the gloom and doom that we were all being brain F-ed into believing, materialized.. Well,, now spin it so that everything good that happens is Obama’s doing, and anything negative is Trump. I’ll have my opinion on the state of things and who’s responsible and you have yours. I was never so blind as to ignore the positive changes brought on by the last admin even though I was opposed to him on many levels.
    If you've followed these discussions over the years it's been pointed out many times by folks of all political-economic persuasions that economic policy takes years to have real effect. What we're seeing now in the actual economy is the lagging effects of Obama's stimulus package and the natural recovery from the collapse of 2008, both of which began to show results around 2010. Fewer jobs were created in 2017 than in any year since 2010 according to yesterday's news.

It will be two or three years before we actually see the results of Trumps policies out in the real world. The exuberance on Wall St. may be a more immediate result of his promises to roll back regulations and the business tax cuts, but don't be surprised if there is a major correction in 2018 or 2019. A growing economy and booming stock market is good for all of us, I hope the upward trends continue - but I'm not betting the farm on it.
    Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.

Nah.

I'd argue what we're seeing is the continuing effects of Helicopter Ben Bernanke and his clone, Janet Yellen. Interest rates are still at very stimulative levels.

George,
    Along these same lines are the people who blamed the 2008 housing/banking collapse in Obama so at least they are consistent.

Yea, it's so bad. Record low unemployment. Record high DOW. Home ownership up. Consumer confidence up. GDP at 3%.
    All of this was true last year when you were calling Obama a lying POS.

BTW no manufacturing jobs have returned in great numbers and Carrier going still.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

All of Obama accomplishment is belong to Trump now. So go suck an egg yous guys.
    All of your Trout are belong to me.