Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 28

Thread: Pres. Winfrey...

  1. #1
    Senior Member breamfisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    4,143

    Pres. Winfrey...

    ...say she gets elected.

    I just gotta ask: who's going to be Surgeon General: Jenny McCarthy or Dr. Oz?

  2. #2
    Super Moderator George K's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Deep South-Central PA
    Posts
    8,196
    Could she remotely possibly be worse than the incumbent?
    Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.

  3. #3
    Senior Member breamfisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    4,143
    Oprah or Jenny McCarthy?

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,293
    C'Mon BF.......Dr. Phil

    Now...How does that make you feel??

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,293
    In all seriousness...I hope she does'nt run

    One game show host in a lifetime is quite enough----she is only qualified slightly more than the current..."really smart guy---some people may say genius"

    Leader is not a high school/Access Hollywood popularity contest

    You may want someone who knows politics---is versed in history and the constitution---educated in modern challenges (Economy/Climate/global issues)

    You had that guy the last time but partisan politics kept telling you he was wrong...because they don't want you to form your own opinions

    I admire Oprah for her accomplishments...But they are not qualifying----and I believe would dive into uber ideology

    The future leaders are in for it--worldwide----choose wisely

  6. #6
    Senior Member Shawn C.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Freakin' Utah...
    Posts
    5,071
    Quote Originally Posted by Bushart View Post
    In all seriousness...I hope she does'nt run

    One game show host in a lifetime is quite enough----she is only qualified slightly more than the current..."really smart guy---some people may say genius"

    I admire Oprah for her accomplishments...But they are not qualifying.
    Yep. Totally agree with this.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Central Vermont
    Posts
    585
    Quote Originally Posted by Bushart View Post
    In all seriousness...I hope she does'nt run
    Same here.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    In a country full of snowflakes
    Posts
    8,895
    Quote Originally Posted by Bushart View Post

    Leader is not a high school/Access Hollywood popularity contest
    Ha! Where have you been the past few years? That's exactly what it is these days.


    Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by NZ Indicator; 01-09-2018 at 01:55 PM.

  9. #9
    yep, here's the thing about the "career politician" tag.......people tend to continue to do what they are good at.....not all, but many

    i want someone with experience in public service, and experience in politics


    we've had our experiment with the "outsider" elitist getting elected on Q rating and not actual substance and experience, and we're all just trying to survive the next 3 years


    how many of these types have been successful? Arnold as governor of CA? highly debatable.... Jesse Ventura? don't think so? Franken by all accounts was a solid Senator who was derailed, obviously......
    Fly Fishing in Maine - www.flyfishinginmaine.com

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,293
    Quote Originally Posted by tim_s View Post
    yep, here's the thing about the "career politician" tag.......people tend to continue to do what they are good at.....not all, but many

    i want someone with experience in public service, and experience in politics


    we've had our experiment with the "outsider" elitist getting elected on Q rating and not actual substance and experience, and we're all just trying to survive the next 3 years


    how many of these types have been successful? Arnold as governor of CA? highly debatable.... Jesse Ventura? don't think so? Franken by all accounts was a solid Senator who was derailed, obviously......
    At the very least Regan did Gov before Prez

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •