Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: On Topic

Feathercraft definitely. Blue Ribbon Flies.

I haven't tied in a couple of years.

Quote Originally Posted by sherb View Post
    amazon.com

For sure. Get an amazon prime account if you don't have one. reading between the lines, it looks to me like you live in at least a semi-rural area. You'll thank me.
    Semi rural...correct sir. I know Amazon well, my wife sells there...not sure if she still is. We have the prime account. Honestly I never even thought they had FF stuff, I always consider them last. I'll have to check out their prices.
    I find the assault on free thought disturbing,
    I find the willingness to give it up frightening.

Quote Originally Posted by Wetdog View Post
    I kinda hate Amazon...but I know....I know.... I've got a long way to getting back, when that small jar is filled....but damn I can't even remember my Yellow Sally tie...that one that Mundinger coveted...and which beat his azz on that one day on the upper Gallatin. I think I remember how I did it...but I won't know until I get back out west.

My son is going to be building a forge this spring....I have lots of ideas.......
    What's wrong with Amazon?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by NZ Indicator View Post
    What's wrong with Amazon?

Amazon does nothing for local jobs. People need work here too even if it's not much. I've been known to gladly spend more at local places when possible.
    I find the assault on free thought disturbing,
    I find the willingness to give it up frightening.

Pssst...

The economy is global.

But you and I have nothing local...if you mean within a 10 minute drive from home.

The most local we have is the fly shop in Boulder Junction (not open in winter), the fly shop in Green Bay or one out of Madison.

Last edited by NZ Indicator; 01-09-2018 at 12:37 PM.

Try Hook and Hackle, The first order of each year gets 10% off, and vets get 10% off every order. I have found that Indian hen capes are just fine for soft hackle flies, and they are very inexpensive.

http://store.hookhack.com/Fly-Tying-...epartments/28/
    Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.

Okay, let me be blunt Richie Farino has a fly shop. If I know him, he will have a ton of materials for sale.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

There's a name from the past. What was the name of the store he was with? Urban Angler?

I agree with Comic and that's the only time I'll say that. Richie's new shop is District Angling: http://districtangling.com/

I order from either Richie or Charlie at Charlie's fly box: http://www.charliesflyboxinc.com/

I know both of them and support them.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven View Post
    There's a name from the past. What was the name of the store he was with? Urban Angler?
    He left them and opened his own store. It just opened.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan