Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Is This Really Necessary?

Quote Originally Posted by fishingcomic View Post
    Maybe Joe. But Buford has been bitching about immigrants destroying our culture for decades.
    More like immigrants not respecting our laws. There is a procedure in place to legally enter this country. Our immigration laws are ignored by most and seldom enforced. As to destroying our culture?
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie just look at the flowers.

Quote Originally Posted by jbilly View Post
    This. Whether its immigration law, pot laws, gun laws, whatever. Enforce the laws that are on the books. If the laws are shitty then congress should change them. But if they exist the excutive branches job is to enforce them.
    Not a bad idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Buford View Post
    More like immigrants not respecting our laws. There is a procedure in place to legally enter this country. Our immigration laws are ignored by most and seldom enforced. As to destroying our culture?
    They did enter legally.

I know you like to conveniently forget all the ugly nasty things you have said here in the past. But those were your words.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

They did enter legally.

I know you like to conveniently forget all the ugly nasty things you have said here in the past. But those were your words.
    I know, I don't get why wanting my country's laws enforced is such a bad thing now a days but it makes one a racist. They were allowed in on a TEMPORARY basis another misunderstood word.

I know, I don't get why wanting my country's laws enforced is such a bad thing now a days but it makes one a racist. They were allowed in on a TEMPORARY basis another misunderstood word.
    In the case of the El Salvadorians--they have been here for some 16-17 years. Given that, IMO the fact they were admitted on a temporary basis is not that significant.

Yeah but you also commented that Mexicans were ruining California. Not illegals, Mexicans.

Did you know that illegal immigrants also come from Poland and Ireland, are they ruining America?
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by NZ Indicator View Post
    All that I have read says there are multiple studies showing that first generation immigrants are a modest drain on the economy, the second generation a modest plus and the third generation a major plus contribution. This includes non-European immigrants. So think of immigration as investment for the future.

BTW - The Latinos picking apples and pears in the many orchards around here apparently were better paid this year because of labor shortages caused by fear of the "Migra", my local paper reports. There were no throngs of unemployed natives lining up to apply for those jobs.
    Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.

There are nearly 6 million job openings in the U.S. currently.

The problem isn't that immigrants take the jobs of relatively low educated Americans, but rather there are Americans that lack even the modicum of education needed to outcompete a poorly educated non-English speaker.

Meanwhile, every fast-food restaurant in the state of Iowa is desperately advertising for workers at $12 an hour.

Yeah but you also commented that Mexicans were ruining California. Not illegals, Mexicans.

Did you know that illegal immigrants also come from Poland and Ireland, are they ruining America?
    That would have been Illegals the problem is much bigger than illegal immigrants from Mexico.
    As I have said before I don't care who immigrates to this country as long as it's Legal it's ILLEGAL immigration I have a problem with. You always seem to ignore the ILLEGAL part of immigration. How are the Mexicans, Polish, and Irish ruining this country if they are here LEGALLY there's that word again.