Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Is This Really Necessary?

Maybe Joe. But Buford has been bitching about immigrants destroying our culture for decades.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Bushart View Post
    Well with approx 83 Million more people on this planet this year over last----Leaders better soon come up with an idea on immigration...and finite resources
    Maybe Canada wants all of these immigrants?

Quote Originally Posted by Steven View Post
    Or maybe Joe just believes laws should be enforced.
    Bingo!

Quote Originally Posted by NZ Indicator View Post
    Maybe Canada wants all of these immigrants?

Well Canada took those Syrian refugees that were getting the shit kicked out of them when the US would not---cuz you know---they're the boogeyman

Or maybe Joe just believes laws should be enforced. That's my takeaway from both Joe and Buford.
    That's the reason as I understand it from my conservative friends as well. If one group gets to pick and choose laws that apply to them, then our laws aren’t laws at all. If our border doesn’t prevent illegal entry, then our border isn’t a border at all. If we have no border and laws that only apply to certain people then exactly what do we have?

If I were Prez I would come up with an amnesty plan for the people here working and not committing violent crimes. Build the wall. Let the dust settle. Then fire back up the immigration programs based on factual census data.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
    That's the reason as I understand it from my conservative friends as well. If one group gets to pick and choose laws that apply to them, then our laws aren’t laws at all. If our border doesn’t prevent illegal entry, then our border isn’t a border at all. If we have no border and laws that only apply to certain people then exactly what do we have?

If I were Prez I would come up with an amnesty plan for the people here working and not committing violent crimes. Build the wall. Let the dust settle. Then fire back up the immigration programs based on factual census data.
    Totally reasonable except for the physical wall.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn C. View Post
    Totally reasonable except for the physical wall.
    Well, ut doesn't have to be physical. It can be all kinds of things. Mandatory E verify, Beefed up border patrol, abolish sanctuary cities, etc. I'm not sure a physical wall was ever a good idea. And who knows when we all might need to run south to evade a Canadian zombie apocalypse.

Drone strikes?

Drone strikes?
    On who? Utahns? I'm good with that.

Or maybe Joe just believes laws should be enforced. That's my takeaway from both Joe and Buford.
    This. Whether its immigration law, pot laws, gun laws, whatever. Enforce the laws that are on the books. If the laws are shitty then congress should change them. But if they exist the excutive branches job is to enforce them.
    “Labor unions are super-PACs. Labor unions are super-PACs Democrats like so we don’t go after labor unions .”
    -Howard Screamin Dean