Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bipartisan opposition to Sessions' change in DOJ policy regarding Marijuana

Bipartisan opposition to Sessions' change in DOJ policy regarding Marijuana

If only there were something U.S Senators could do about it. . . .

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...HVy?li=BBnb7Kz

...something they wouldn't have to be accountable for?

Right. Bitching about DOJ policy is a lot easier than actually doing your goddamn jobs.
    Last edited by George K; 01-05-2018 at 07:27 PM. Reason: Not edited - it was a mistake, trying to reply with quote.

Quote Originally Posted by sherb View Post
    Right. Bitching about DOJ policy is a lot easier than actually doing your goddamn jobs.
    This.

Basically handed over lawmaking power to the Executive (whether Republican or Democrat). Now they're complaining?

Even under Obama people who operated dispensaries in conservative communities went to prison. Legalize it already.

On a lighter note, my dad ate 2 cookies the other day. It did not go well. I told him you should have started with a bite first.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

Dope used to make me so paranoid. No interest (unless needed for medical reasons).

I don't think Gardener cares about what we (the people of Colorado) want, he's just seen the amount of taxes this stuff generates.

I never thought pot was bad, but the effects of it being legal here have been horrible. Our transient population has gone through the roof and heroin usage is up like 80% (can't remember the exact number, but it's really high) since it was legalized.
    The problem is that there are so many users, that you can't throw 'em all in jail, so I say take the income and run.

Quote Originally Posted by sherb View Post
    As I understand it, U.S. Attys still have discretion in how they enforce the law. The one in my District has said he will not interfere with PA's new for 2018 legal medical marijuana program.
    Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.

Quote Originally Posted by CO Native View Post
    I don't think Gardener cares about what we (the people of Colorado) want, he's just seen the amount of taxes this stuff generates.

I never thought pot was bad, but the effects of it being legal here have been horrible. Our transient population has gone through the roof and heroin usage is up like 80% (can't remember the exact number, but it's really high) since it was legalized.
    The problem is that there are so many users, that you can't throw 'em all in jail, so I say take the income and run.
    How the **** does legal marijuana create homelessness? Is it all the jobs and billions in tax revenue? Opioid addiction is driven by legal prescribing of opioid pain killers. In other states where medical marijuana has been made available opioid use is on a decline.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.4285cfa770c4

Marijuana legalization in Colorado led to a “reversal” of opiate overdose deaths in that state, according to new research published in the American Journal of Public Health.
    “After Colorado’s legalization of recreational cannabis sale and use, opioid-related deaths decreased more than 6% in the following 2 years,” write authors Melvin D. Livingston, Tracey E. Barnett, Chris Delcher and Alexander C. Wagenaar.