Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: California? WTF?

I am hereby renouncing the term liberal. You may refer to me as a Democrat or progressive. This is a bridge too far.
    The far right may be a bunch of neo-fascists but the far left is a bunch of goddamned kooks.

Take for example the gay wedding cake fiasco. It’s just ridiculous. What gay couple really wants to have their wedding cake made by someone who hates them? If some religious nut won’t bake you a cake because of who you are then go on social media and get the word out that Bakery X is run by a homophobic moron. They will eventually go out of business.

The PC warriors on the left do more harm to the progressive agenda than anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by fishingcomic View Post
    The point is that a determination is not being made at birth.
    Only in California... which makes them, batshit crazy.
    All of your Trout are belong to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffco View Post
    You can give a boy an easy bake oven and he still grows up as a "boy". Hell, I played with Barbie dolls as a kid. Since I only had 2 sisters, it was either that, or play by myself. You don't have to label them non-binary, whatever the hell that is. Answer to a non-problem.
    The thing is you kept putting her and Ken in compromising positions.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

Under this logic, it would have no bearing on anything if sherb put down the gender of one of his daughter's as male. We good with this?

The point is that a determination is not being made at birth.
    Ummm yeah...that's what Steve is talking about.

Doty, who gave birth to Searyl Atli, sports a mustache and stubble and wants the child’s gender to be undeclared on all government documents until the child has “the sense of self and command of vocabulary to tell me who they are.”

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/parent-pursues-gender-unknown-birth-certificate-for-their-child

Seriously? There are only 2 choices on the birth certificate at birth. "X" is not one of the choices.
    Last edited by NZ Indicator; 01-03-2018 at 07:56 PM.

Ithaca, NY is really beautiful. I wish the NE had military bases where I could transfer to.

Quote Originally Posted by swizz View Post
    Only in California... which makes them, batshit crazy.
    Non-binary simply means you are not categorizing someone one way or the other. It is like putting agnostic instead of Catholic on the form and letting them decide later. It has to exist because some bigots are trying to keep people out of bathrooms.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

Hey, she/he/whatever (I am not exactly used to this pronoun thing either) is from Ithaca. Cool.
    I think Asia's preferred pronoun as "they." There's an absolutely hysterical scene when Taylor (Dillon) explains the preferred pronouns to the boss, David Axelrod (Damian Lewis). Taylor's a genius stock analyst so Axelrod will go along with anything.

Quote Originally Posted by NZ Indicator View Post
    Ummm yeah...that's what Steve is talking about.

Doty, who gave birth to Searyl Atli, sports a mustache and stubble and wants the child’s gender to be undeclared on all government documents until the child has “the sense of self and command of vocabulary to tell me who they are.”

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/parent-pursues-gender-unknown-birth-certificate-for-their-child

Seriously? There are only 2 choices on the birth certificate at birth."X" is not a choice.
    So what is your problem with this?

Non-binary simply means you are not categorizing someone one way or the other. It is like putting agnostic instead of Catholic on the form and letting them decide later. It has to exist because some bigots are trying to keep people out of bathrooms.
    This isn't quite accurate. Non-binary is really a catch-all phrase for a whole slew of gender identities. It's a categorization apart from cisgender and transgender.