Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: California? WTF?

Quote Originally Posted by Steven View Post
    Work has never stopped you before....
    its probably not going to stop me today either. Back in a bit.

Is it a coincidence that this thread shows up right around the time that the rapture thread did? I don’t think so.The end is near.

Or is wondering about stuff like this no longer legitimate?
    Nope.

Its been taken off the table. No longer the subject of legitimate debate. You might as well be George Wallace.

This is explicitly what de Tocqueville warned of: in a democracy, suppression of unpopular ideas doesn't come from the government. Opinion makers simply remove the option of discussing the issue at all, as if discussion of it were akin to arguing for the burning of witches.

Can binary people make babies? I hope so, cuz we need more babies. Boomer generation is expiring.
    All of your Trout are belong to me.

Problem is, you are not interested in legitimate debate or hearing about the experiences of transgendered people or even science. You have decided long ago that this is deviant behavior and should be ostracized. Not once have you been willing to accept that there may actually be children that are struggling with gender identity, they are all just perverts trying to get into the girl's bathrooms.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by fishingcomic View Post
    Non-binary simply means you are going the raise the kid as a human being and not a gender.
    If only it were that easy.

Its been my experience that most people who subscribe to the idea that humans are blank-slates don't have children themselves. Sure, there is some socialization that goes on. But not as much as you might think. Raising a HUMAN requires an understanding that sex is a biological reality and gender roles are complementary and only partially the result of socialization. There's a whole lot of nature in there.

You say this like it's a bad thing.

I don't know, but can you tell me that raising a cis-gendered child as non-gendered wouldn't be harmful?

Yep. I read the article. That's how I knew it wasn't on topic.

Letting parents designate a new-born as non-binary isn't the answer to this. Where's the science that says this is a good idea?
    Smacks of letting liberals feel good about themselves
    I think you have no idea what non-binary means.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by sherb View Post
    If only it were that easy.

Its been my experience that most people who subscribe to the idea that humans are blank-slates don't have children themselves. Sure, there is some socialization that goes on. But not as much as you might think. Raising a HUMAN requires an understanding that sex is a biological reality and gender roles are complementary and only partially the result of socialization. There's a whole lot of nature in there.
    The person arguing that children are blank-slates is Steven. I get that certain personality traits are just there. Kind of like gender identity.

Quote Originally Posted by fishingcomic View Post
    I think you have no idea what non-binary means.
    Not sure about him but I'm unclear because I don't click on links.
    All of your Trout are belong to me.

It simply means that you do not force someone to live within a gender role and you let them live in a manner that suits them.