Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 159

Thread: California? WTF?

  1. #11
    Senior Member swizz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Westworld
    Posts
    2,507
    Quote Originally Posted by fishingcomic View Post

    My personal opinion is that happiness is hard enough to come by in this life and I see no reason why anyone should live their life in misery because you are uncomfortable with their choices.
    I feel bad for you, cheer up man!
    All of your Trout are belong to me.

  2. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    90,723
    Quote Originally Posted by fishingcomic View Post
    It's the birth certificate. When was the last time you looked at yours? Sure go ahead, it will not change who he becomes.
    This doesn't jibe with your other sentence.

    Quote Originally Posted by fishingcomic View Post
    Well raising boys to be boys has lead to a lot of misery for girls, so raising them to be decent humans would probably be a positive change.
    So, how many women have you harassed, harmed or abused? If the answer is none, which I suspect, it shows that the two aren't mutually exclusive.

  3. #13
    Senior Member fishingcomic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    20,941
    I don't know about none, I was a fourteen year old boy offering back rubs for the chance at some side boob.

    Tell me how not forcing children to live within traditional gender roles would be harmful.

    Regardless of how you raise someone they will choose the gender most suited to them. You did read the article right?

    Every transgendered person was raised by traditional parents with traditional gender roles. Yet that did not influence their choices. It did however in many case make them hate themselves because society refused to accept them for who they are and told them that there was something horribly wrong with them.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

  4. #14
    Senior Member fishingcomic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    20,941
    Let me ask you guys something, how many non-binary people have you known? Second question, would you refuse to talk to someone and get to understand them if they were?
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

  5. #15
    Senior Member swizz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Westworld
    Posts
    2,507
    This is the first day I've heard of binary and non-binary people. I'll have to get back to you on that.
    All of your Trout are belong to me.

  6. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    734
    This conversation right here is what's wrong with this world today. Just sayin'.

  7. #17
    Senior Member fishingcomic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    20,941
    You're what's wrong with the world.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

  8. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    1,321
    Of all the days I have actual work to do. . .this thread comes along? Life is so unfair.

  9. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    90,723
    Quote Originally Posted by fishingcomic View Post
    I don't know about none, I was a fourteen year old boy offering back rubs for the chance at some side boob.
    You say this like it's a bad thing.

    Quote Originally Posted by fishingcomic View Post
    Tell me how not forcing children to live within traditional gender roles would be harmful.
    I don't know, but can you tell me that raising a cis-gendered child as non-gendered wouldn't be harmful?

    Quote Originally Posted by fishingcomic View Post
    Regardless of how you raise someone they will choose the gender most suited to them. You did read the article right?
    Yep. I read the article. That's how I knew it wasn't on topic.

    Quote Originally Posted by fishingcomic View Post
    Every transgendered person was raised by traditional parents with traditional gender roles. Yet that did not influence their choices. It did however in many case make them hate themselves because society refused to accept them for who they are and told them that there was something horribly wrong with them.
    Letting parents designate a new-born as non-binary isn't the answer to this. Where's the science that says this is a good idea?
    Smacks of letting liberals feel good about themselves

  10. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    90,723
    Quote Originally Posted by sherb View Post
    Of all the days I have actual work to do. . .this thread comes along? Life is so unfair.
    Work has never stopped you before....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •