Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: California? WTF?

Snow-flakery around this issue just cost a local newspaper editor his job. Actually, I agree with the decision to fire him.

https://www.sevendaysvt.com/OffMessa...versial-tweets

Quote Originally Posted by Green Mt Boy View Post
    Snow-flakery around this issue just cost a local newspaper editor his job. Actually, I agree with the decision to fire him.

https://www.sevendaysvt.com/OffMessa...versial-tweets

of course he deserved it.....his company had a pretty straight forward policy around social media, which is probably a good idea for a news organization......read through his older tweets, he's your basic angry old white dude who considers himself an intellectual and way above most of us peons
    Fly Fishing in Maine - www.flyfishinginmaine.com

Firing the editor over his opinion...On his own Twitter account. Really?

Just more political correctness and overreaction. I guess people can only have opinions that align with the corporate culture of the moment.

If you purport to be an objective newspaper editor or reporter you basically have to keep your political opinions to yourself.

How dare a person have an opinion!!!

Guess free speech comes at a cost in the world of Twitter...go ahead and Tweet as long as you don't offend.

If you purport to be an objective newspaper editor or reporter you basically have to keep your political opinions to yourself.
    LOL. This should be the POTD. Edit add that this should apply to the FBI and DOJ as well.

The New York Times stopped by to say hello. I think I saw the Washington Post getting in the elevator.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven View Post
    The New York Times stopped by to say hello. I think I saw the Washington Post getting in the elevator.
    Fox News is in the reception area. WSJ too.

The WSJ news is pretty apolitical. How political can you get about Tesla's latest delay in its delivery schedule or how iPhone sales are doing? Today's front page has an article noting that even some Republican Senators and governors are against off shore drilling.

The editorial and OpEd pages are, of course, very conservative.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven View Post
    The WSJ news is pretty apolitical. How political can you get about Tesla's latest delay in its delivery schedule or how iPhone sales are doing? Today's front page has an article noting that even some Republican Senators and governors are against off shore drilling.

The editorial and OpEd pages are, of course, very conservative.
    The Journal is no more apolitical than the Times or the Post. The reporting in all three usually is apoliticallly professional, but all three can introduce political bias by what stories the editors choose to cover.

I no longer see the Post or WSJ regularly. The Times has two good conservative columnists in-house (Brooks and Douthat) and frequently features conservative op-ed contributors. Does the Journal similarly present liberal views?
    Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.