Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: California? WTF?

Steven, actually, I agree with you about the WSJ. Pretty good, neutral reporting. I put them in the biased bucket due to its editorial page, but that of course is where a newspaper is supposed to be opinionated.

Really the only people who should be fired for having a political opinion or publicly displaying it should be kneeling NFL players, amiright?

Quote Originally Posted by Green Mt Boy View Post
    Snow-flakery around this issue just cost a local newspaper editor his job. Actually, I agree with the decision to fire him.

https://www.sevendaysvt.com/OffMessa...versial-tweets
    Funny thing is, I don't.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Green Mt Boy View Post
    If you purport to be an objective newspaper editor or reporter you basically have to keep your political opinions to yourself.
    No you have to keep them out of the newspaper, unless it is in the editorial section.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Steven View Post
    The WSJ news is pretty apolitical.
    hahahahahaha

Compared to other Rupert Murdoch publications maybe. But they have a bias towards trickle down.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn C. View Post
    Really the only people who should be fired for having a political opinion or publicly displaying it should be kneeling NFL players, amiright?
    Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by fishingcomic View Post
    hahahahahaha

Compared to other Rupert Murdoch publications maybe. But they have a bias towards trickle down.
    Right. Because you saw so many negative articles about fiscal spending. Editorials, yes. News articles no.

My sense is that the reason conservatives/Rs claim the NYT and WaPo are biased is that they report developments that the conservatives/Rs would like swept under the rug,not that that reporting is inaccurate.

Yeah, like the tax treatment of Anne Romney's horse.