Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton Retain Most Admired Titles

Quote Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
    We’ve seen teens mostly, but considering the last few winters that we’ve grown accustom to, it feels like Antarctica here now. Temps that you’re describing would shut the entire state down.
    Lol...8 degrees here right now. Feels like a heat wave.

Tonights low is -11.

We've been running 20 below at night. This coming Saturday we're supposed to have a high of 5 below. Beaucoup (sorry, but I'm near Quebec) snow on the ground. It is frustrating because the snow conditions are great for Alpine skiing but I'll be damned if I'll sit on a chair lift In this weather. Getting too old for that. Been doing some Nordic skiing out my front door on my 140 acres though, which helps with the cabin fever.

140 ACRES!!!??? That, mon ami, is beaucoup.

140 acres?

Tres Bien, mon ami.

Yeah, we have a great place. I have to pinch myself from time to time to make sure I am not in a dream. Bought it in 1999. Classic old hill farm up on high ground with a 180 degree, 60 mile view over to the White Mountains of NH, with a smaller sub-range of the Green Mountains in the foreground. Post and beam Cape house with connected barn-with a horse in it-that dates from the 1840s. Stone foundation with full basement. The House was gutted out by a previous owner and re-done with good insulation, double paned windows, etc. We've also done a fair amount of work on it ourselves-new standing seam metal roof, refinished the wide pine board floor in one half of the downstairs, hard rock maple floor in other half, and other projects. Burn 3-4 cords of hard wood and appx 500 gallons of No. 2 oil to heat it. There was a separate dairy barn, but it was taken down in the 1970s. Originally the farm was 244 acres. Previous owner still owns 100+/- acres, but he lives in Burlington so he isn't around much. We also co-own with our neighbor another 77 adjoining acres that we jointly bought 10 years ago so that no other houses would get built nearby. It is a lot of work and expense to keep the house up, keep the fields mowed, saw out blow downs on the woods trails, and having just turned 60 I'm beginning to wonder, but I figure I can handle it for at least ten more years. We see moose, bear, deer, coyotes, turkeys and more. Regular Wild Kingdom scene. On a dead end dirt road, but only 8 miles to Montpelier waaay down in the valley and my office. Truly blessed.

That sounds fantastic!

So much to fear from NK

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...cid=spartanntp

They are years away from a targeting and guidance system. Let alone a missile that can handle the payload. It is like worrying about your neighbor's kid who just got a bb gun and still has no idea how to shoot.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by fishingcomic View Post
    So much to fear from NK

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...cid=spartanntp

They are years away from a targeting and guidance system. Let alone a missile that can handle the payload. It is like worrying about your neighbor's kid who just got a bb gun and still has no idea how to shoot.
    Was it telling in Herr Douchebag’s tweet that he said “and my button works!”? Probably.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Mt Boy View Post
    Yeah, we have a great place. I have to pinch myself from time to time to make sure I am not in a dream. Bought it in 1999. Classic old hill farm up on high ground with a 180 degree, 60 mile view over to the White Mountains of NH, with a smaller sub-range of the Green Mountains in the foreground. Post and beam Cape house with connected barn-with a horse in it-that dates from the 1840s. Stone foundation with full basement. The House was gutted out by a previous owner and re-done with good insulation, double paned windows, etc. We've also done a fair amount of work on it ourselves-new standing seam metal roof, refinished the wide pine board floor in one half of the downstairs, hard rock maple floor in other half, and other projects. Burn 3-4 cords of hard wood and appx 500 gallons of No. 2 oil to heat it. There was a separate dairy barn, but it was taken down in the 1970s. Originally the farm was 244 acres. Previous owner still owns 100+/- acres, but he lives in Burlington so he isn't around much. We also co-own with our neighbor another 77 adjoining acres that we jointly bought 10 years ago so that no other houses would get built nearby. It is a lot of work and expense to keep the house up, keep the fields mowed, saw out blow downs on the woods trails, and having just turned 60 I'm beginning to wonder, but I figure I can handle it for at least ten more years. We see moose, bear, deer, coyotes, turkeys and more. Regular Wild Kingdom scene. On a dead end dirt road, but only 8 miles to Montpelier waaay down in the valley and my office. Truly blessed.
    Wow! Sounds amazing! The standing seam was a good touch. That's the only kind of metal roof that I'd install. Floors sound cool as well. One of my, some day I'm gonna quit my real job fantasies, is to start a saw mill and make TN native wood flooring boards. IMO there's nothing like a nice wide plank hardwood floor where each piece has it's own different grain and color characteristic. We have had engineered floors in both of my last houses and though it's pretty, that's where it ends. It scratches easily and dents if you drop anything on it. If I ever redo them I'll have a sawmill make the replacement flooring. It lasts for hundreds of years.

You are blessed for sure!