Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Draining The Judicial Swamp

Draining The Judicial Swamp

http://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-us-...flubs-law-test

Perhaps he would make a good Attorney General when Trump fires Sessions.
    Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.

They were asking him questions that were way too hard. They should have asked if he watched every episode of "Perry Mason" and "Matlock."

I learned everything I need to know about the law from courtroom tv shows.
    "We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.

All day long yesterday people were asking me, OMG did you watch that video of that federal judge nominee?

Why yes I did. JFC what an awful performance. No excuse for falling to do any prep.

Oh, and in case in of you non-lawyers were wondering....the questions are all softballs. Seriously, I don't think I've ever seen anything so cringe-inducing.
    Last edited by sherb; 12-18-2017 at 10:34 PM.

Interesting to hear about the softballs. Makes it seem worse for us non-lawyer types.
    "We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.

Quote Originally Posted by sherb View Post
    Oh, and in case in of you non-lawyers were wondering....the questions are all softballs. Seriously, I don’t think I’ve ever seen anything so cringe-inducing.
    Some contestants answered incorrectly when Groucho asked "Who is buried in Grant's Tomb?".

p.s. The losers did not answer "no one".

Quote Originally Posted by George K View Post
    Some contestants answered incorrectly when Groucho asked "Who is buried in Grant's Tomb?".

p.s. The losers did not answer "no one".
    As a college teacher, I have learned to update my historical reference arsenal every few years. What is it, 40 years since Marx (not Karl, either) last made that reference on the tube! I quit referring to Marshall Dillon, Kitty, and Chester about 18 years ago: all I got were vacant stares.

Favorite Groucho quote: Groucho to contestant, "you have 14 children, how come? contestant: "well, I love my wife, Groucho". Groucho: " I love my cigar too, but I take it out once in a while".

A sarcophagus (plural, sarcophagi) is a box-like funeral receptacle for a corpse, most commonly carved in stone, and usually displayed above ground, though it may also be buried.

Hmm, was he "Buried", or just stored above ground, inquiring minds want to know.
    Thinking like a lawyer.
    Last edited by creekguy; 12-17-2017 at 02:16 AM.

The Grants are entombed in Grant's Tomb, not buried.

But I take your point that we geezers should be more careful with our references that young punks might not understand.

Dear god, what a wreck. How can you go from getting someone like Gorsuch to this ass clown.
    “Labor unions are super-PACs. Labor unions are super-PACs Democrats like so we don’t go after labor unions .”
    -Howard Screamin Dean