Page 17 of 31 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: If Rubio gets this child tax credit thing done

Yes they are because he is going to use the deficit he created as an excuse to gut those programs.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Steven View Post
    That's a different argument compared to "lowering taxes doesn't work." Moreover the lowest two income quartiles pay only 2.7% of total income taxes, now. How are you going to lower income taxes on people that don't pay income taxes?

Uhmmm...If I'm going to pay a 90% tax rate on the income generated from new equipment that I bought, I'm not buying new equipment. In a nutshell, if I'm earning nothing from an investment, it doesn't matter how little I have to spend for it. The humorous part is that this is Piosian. James came out with this year's ago.

How'd that soda thing work out again? You realize he got hit in the face with a supply-side fist? Taxes change behavior. People didn't buy less soda but bought two smaller sodas instead.

Nobody making $2 bucks a day can truly compete with an educated American in the work place. That $2 buck a day laborer doesn't have the human capital.

It's been very successful in your lifetime. Your cognitive dissonance is too great to admit it.
    Okay so where were all these jobs when either Bush was President? Why has the gap between the rich and the poor increased steadily since we first fell in love with this fantasy?
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

How'd that soda thing work out again? You realize he got hit in the face with a supply-side fist? Taxes change behavior. People didn't buy less soda but bought two smaller sodas instead.
    You do realize this makes you sound desperate.

Uhmmm...If I'm going to pay a 90% tax rate on the income generated from new equipment that I bought, I'm not buying new equipment. In a nutshell, if I'm earning nothing from an investment, it doesn't matter how little I have to spend for it. The humorous part is that this is Piosian. James came out with this year's ago.
    Actually Eisenhower came up with it before him.

Trickle down is not about lowering taxes. It is about lowering them on the wealthy in hopes that their beneficence will some how trickle down to the workers. That my friend has never happened.

Quote Originally Posted by NZ Indicator View Post
    Conjecture.
    “The driver of our debt is the structure of Social Security and Medicare for future beneficiaries.” - Rubio

This is already being discussed.
    "We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.

Quote Originally Posted by fishingcomic View Post
    Why has the gap between the rich and the poor increased steadily since we first fell in love with this fantasy?
    Because the middle class is moving up.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by NZ Indicator; 12-21-2017 at 01:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by fishingcomic View Post
    Actually Eisenhower came up with it before him.

Trickle down is not about lowering taxes. It is about lowering them on the wealthy in hopes that their beneficence will some how trickle down to the workers. That my friend has never happened.
    Never has---never will

It is the propaganda the powers that be send out to faithful---it is the firewall-----put up the partisan BS while the fat cats run away to Panama

1st it was war on unions---now that they're all but out of the way---little guy is easy---send out the attack dogs

Look money in your wallet---what's wrong with that-----don't worry about the future or reality for that matter---Dollars is the war cry----who cares about the country and running it

What's a Trillion and a half extra debt between friends

Quote Originally Posted by NZ Indicator View Post
    Because the middle class is moving up.

BS....BS...BS... (need 10 letters)

Takes a lot of balls to say the middle class is moving up

Used to be someone could get a mid level job and at least pay the rent and put some food on the table

Now that person has to work several jobs and a lot can't make it

So ya Bullshit

Quote Originally Posted by Bushart View Post
    BS....BS...BS... (need 10 letters)
    True story...

https://www.forbes.com/sites/timwors.../#281a581b21c8

http://www.aei.org/publication/yes-a...income-groups/

http://money.cnn.com/2016/06/21/news...ass/index.html