Page 22 of 32 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: If Rubio gets this child tax credit thing done

Quote Originally Posted by fishingcomic View Post
    Extra money in my pocket is worthless if increases in my expenses off set it
    What expenses are you expecting to increase?

and I lose Medicare and SS for my retirement years.
    Still conjecture because you don't know what a future congress may do.

I've gone thru life pretending that SS won't be there for me when I'm ready. You might want to plan the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
    Perhaps these polls and surveys aren't as indicative of Americans opinion as they would have us believe. Surely the last election thought us that these polls can be waaay off. I’m done caring what they (polls and surveys) say anymore personally. This tax break is one of the big campaign promises that Trump ran on. Why would all of his supporters find it unpopular all of sudden? Fake news.
    Trump/Clinton polls were so off for one very simple reason. People, when confronted, where embarrassed to admit they intended to vote for Trump. They were so embarrassed that they would not even make their intentions know to a total stranger. This is not complicated. Nor was it the end of the validity of polls.
    Examples in The Lodge are that, to this day, neither Joe K. nor Swizz will even admit to voting for that clown.

You also allude to "all of his supporters." Ask yourself what percentage of the populace that is. Therein lies your answer.

Lol Shawn. I already mentioned once before I voted Gary Johnson.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Steven, While you are trying to wrap your head around what a progressive idea of governance should be, make sure to sell you car for a horse and and start cooking over an open hearth for the full-on 1787 experience.
    Originalism is so trite.

Dude, I didn't even vote. Didn't like either choice. Unless the democrats or independents put forth a great candidate with a strong economic plan, I WILL vote for Trump next time around. For the record, I have never voted R for president. Obama twice and regret that. The left has nothing to offer at this point except resentment and resistance. Just doesn't work for me. I can't see them winning me back.
    All of your Trout are belong to me.

Quote Originally Posted by NZ Indicator View Post
    What expenses are you expecting to increase?

Still conjecture because you don't know what a future congress may do.

I've gone thru life pretending that SS won't be there for me when I'm ready. You might want to plan the same way.
    They already have told us for the past 30 years what they would do.

https://psmag.com/economics/trickle-...-indeed-a-joke

https://www.facebook.com/attn/videos/1600010973367689/
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn C. View Post
    Trump/Clinton polls were so off for one very simple reason. People, when confronted, where embarrassed to admit they intended to vote for Trump. They were so embarrassed that they would not even make their intentions know to a total stranger. This is not complicated. Nor was it the end of the validity of polls.
    Examples in The Lodge are that, to this day, neither Joe K. nor Swizz will even admit to voting for that clown.

You also allude to "all of his supporters." Ask yourself what percentage of the populace that is. Therein lies your answer.
    I think I might be one of, if not the only one here who has admitted to voting for him. He's pissed me off plenty of times no doubt, but I'm still ok with the way I voted and would do so again.
    “Labor unions are super-PACs. Labor unions are super-PACs Democrats like so we don’t go after labor unions .”
    -Howard Screamin Dean

Quote Originally Posted by jbilly View Post
    I think I might be one of, if not the only one here who has admitted to voting for him. He's pissed me off plenty of times no doubt, but I'm still ok with the way I voted and would do so again.
    Several have admitted to voting for Trump. Why people think this was a bad thing is beyond me the alternative was Horrible.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie just look at the flowers.

Here is some of that trickle down for you.

http://fox4kc.com/2017/12/20/hundred...ore-christmas/
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Buford View Post
    Several have admitted to voting for Trump. Why people think this was a bad thing is beyond me the alternative was Horrible.
    Because the one eyed monster said he's a bad man. I'm sick of seeing great men slaughtered at the media alter because they're republican. This guy was exactly what the party needed. Somebody unafraid to take on the corrupt media/establishment (hard to tell the difference between the two now) and the PC warriors. Couldn't be happier with my choice.