Page 27 of 31 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: If Rubio gets this child tax credit thing done

So who does get the blame and what do you think should be done about it?
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. ÖIn my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

Lots of blame to spread around. Beats me how to fix it. Probably starts with education.

What I do know is trying to say it's the fault of greedy bastards at Wal Mart is nonsense.

Education? We canít afford education! Mr. Hedge Fund needs a new private jet. And yes I know you think this comment is inane but how are people to seek out educational opportunities when they are harder to find and pay for?

#MASA

This comment is inane.

So blame society and corporations because someone is poor?

K-12 is free. Then get loans and get a better education and pay it off later if you don't want to work for $9-$11

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by NZ Indicator; 01-12-2018 at 06:28 PM.

It's pretty simple.

I recognize that an African American kid born in the Southwest Side of Chicago has the cards stacked against him. Is it society? Maybe. Is it the education system? Maybe. Is it the welfare system? Maybe. Poor parenting? Maybe. Fluoride in the water? (Comic will get this) Maybe.

But it ain't Wal Mart paying $10 an hour. Something failed somewhere - which is why a grown ass adult trying to support a family is making $10 an hour.

I personally think the blame mentality is the reason for much of the problem. Itís the Presidentís fault, itís a racial issue, itís a class issue, itís a gender issue. The issue is the belief that your future, of lack of one, is controlled by anyone other than YOU. Like Sherb, Iíve know some people who came here from some REAL shitholes, with everything against them, ie religion, race, culture, class, etc. They worked harder, more hours, didnít complain, and made the American dream a reality for them and their family. Itís out there, if youíre willing to work for it.

Quote Originally Posted by fishingcomic View Post
    So they deserve to be poor and once the Republicans cut the SNAP program, they will deserve to go hungry. And the Waltons, who did little more than be born into the right family deserve to be billionaires.
    Ummm, yeah. We held off having kids until we knew we could afford it. That's not rocket science there. So if you can't afford a family, don't have one. As far as the Waltons, if you're born into a rich family, that's the luck of the draw. If you're born into a poor family, then you need have some common sense to NOT make the situation worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven View Post
    It's pretty simple.

I recognize that an African American kid born in the Southwest Side of Chicago has the cards stacked against him. Is it society? Maybe. Is it the education system? Maybe. Is it the welfare system? Maybe. Poor parenting? Maybe. Fluoride in the water? (Comic will get this) Maybe.

But it ain't Wal Mart paying $10 an hour. Something failed somewhere - which is why a grown ass adult trying to support a family is making $10 an hour.
    Well since this is supposed to be a training wage for kids, who is supposed to work there during the school day?
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. ÖIn my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Steven View Post
    Lots of blame to spread around. Beats me how to fix it. Probably starts with education.

What I do know is trying to say it's the fault of greedy bastards at Wal Mart is nonsense.
    So this increase is going to cost Walmart $300 million. How much of a tax cut did they get again?