Page 6 of 32 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: If Rubio gets this child tax credit thing done

Quote Originally Posted by Buffco View Post
    Yeah, well, they're doing it with my money.
    If we are playing by that logic, I'm older than you, I've paid twice as much taxes as you so I say its A-Ok for entitlements.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn C. View Post
    I honestly don’t understand how middle class people can be so for this tax plan. Help me understand your thinking on this.
    Thanks for any replies.
    1.) My Tax Bracket is lowered
    2.) My Standard Deduction will be double
    3.) Eliminates mandate to buy health insurance
    4.) Keeps medical expense deduction for 2018 and 2019 @ 7.5%

On the business end of it, it will lower my employers tax bill freeing up money for the company to expand and pay more to the employees.

What's there not to like?

Quote Originally Posted by Bushart View Post
    Well tax cuts are good for the individual wallet---
    Yes.

-----

Quote Originally Posted by Green Mt Boy View Post
    The spending is largely defense, social security and Medicare.

See: https://www.nationalpriorities.org/b...-101/spending/

Good pie charts.
    Way too much spent in the Middle East. That needs to stop in my opinion.

http://www.newsweek.com/how-many-tri...attacks-705041

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn C. View Post
    You (and I, perhaps) may get a few hundred dollars more in our pockets to spend as the super-rich continue to get more and more breaks. But if you are not worried about wage stagnation and increasing wealth disparity then I'm not going to hold it against you. We all have different priorities.
    Why do people care so much about the rich getting richer? Never understood this. I could care less about the rich getting richer.

Matter of fact the rich, that everyone seems to hate, is the reason I stayed employed during the last economic crash. They were building multi-million dollar homes and putting the products my company makes in them. Thus I got to stay employed and so did a boat load of factory workers.
    Last edited by NZ Indicator; 12-17-2017 at 03:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NZ Indicator View Post
    Why do people care so much about the rich getting richer? Never understood this. I could care less about the rich getting richer.

Matter of fact the rich, that everyone seems to hate, is the reason I stayed employed during the last economic crash. They were building multi-million dollar homes and putting the products my company makes in them. Thus I got to stay employed and so did a boat load of factory workers.
    Most people care about having a sense of fairness in the tax system. This tax bill overwhelmingly favors the very upper income level taxpayers. Former RNC Chairman Michael Steele said that when taxpayers unwrap the GOP Christmas tax cut gift they may discover coal.

http://www.msnbc.com/weekends-with-a...-1118187075921
    Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.

It is not about the rich getting richer, it is about the poor getting poorer. In the wealthiest country on earth people should not have to miss meals or not be able to afford health insurance while working full time. Now we are taking money from those programs that help people in those classes get by and live decent lives and giving it to wealthy people whom history demonstrates do not do anything to improve the economy with it. Trickle down is a lie.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

1.)

And should we go ahead and let those that refuse to buy insurance die?
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by fishingcomic View Post
    And should we go ahead and let those that refuse to buy insurance die?
    It is their choice.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie just look at the flowers.

Mandate wasn't legal anyway. Yuge stake right through the heart of Obamacare, I love it.
    All of your Trout are belong to me.