Page 8 of 32 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: If Rubio gets this child tax credit thing done

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn C. View Post
    Joe, let us know how much of a raise you get as a result of your company paying less corporate tax. Newsflash: Unless you own stock it ain’t gonna happen.
    It won't come in the form of a yearly raise like you are thinking. It will mean more money dumped in my profit sharing plan by the company.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Profit sharing!?!? Communist!
    Last edited by fishingcomic; 12-19-2017 at 08:24 AM.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by George K View Post
    Unless they are clueless or wish to be sued, hospitals treat everyone regardless of ability to pay. In most states it is mandated by law.

I am saying let's get rid of that. If you are able to pay and choose not to, too bad, so sad, gonna miss you when your gone. Talk about an incentive. You would not need a mandate.

Freedom comes with risk. Make that risk real.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by fishingcomic View Post
    Profit sharing!?!? Communist!
    Corporate Communism baby!!

Quote Originally Posted by fishingcomic View Post
    I am saying let's get rid of that. If you are able to pay and choose not to, too bad, so sad, gonna miss you when your gone. Talk about an incentive. You would not need a mandate.

Freedom comes with risk. Make that risk real.
    Now you are talking silly.

Quote Originally Posted by NZ Indicator View Post
    Now you are talking silly.
    No, he's dead on. Being poor and sick is a choice. I choose to not be.

I didn't say poor. I said able to pay and choosing not to.

Quote Originally Posted by NZ Indicator View Post
    What's your definition of fair considering the upper income level tax payers pay a majority of the taxes?

https://howmuch.net/articles/high-in...-federal-taxes

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Here's why I call this bill "unfair": Higher income groups receive a far higher percentage increase in income after tax income than lower income groups.

[/I]The Republican tax bill that the House and Senate are set to pass as soon as Tuesday night would give most Americans a tax cut next year, according to a new analysis. However, it would by far benefit the richest Americans the most. Meanwhile, many lower- and middle-class Americans would have higher taxes a decade from now ... unless a future Congress extends the cuts.

The average household would get a tax cut of $1,610 in 2018, a bump of about 2.2 percent in that average household's income, according to a report released Monday by the Tax Policy Center, a nonpartisan think tank that has been critical of the tax overhaul plan.

However, extremes make averages, and the benefits would be much larger for richer households. A household earning $1 million or more would get an average cut of $69,660, an income bump of 3.3 percent. Compare that to the average household earning $50,000 to $75,000, which would get a tax cut of $870, or 1.6 percent...[/I]

Here's the link. Look at the charts for 2018 and 2027. https://www.npr.org/2017/12/19/57175...e-middle-class

The original data can be found here: http://www.taxpolicycenter.org/publi...s-and-jobs-act

If you want to see what a non Kool-Aid drinking billionaire thinks: http://www.sltrib.com/opinion/commen...ollar-blunder/
    Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.

This is my favorite part.

I don't know about California, but in NYC and DC $750,00 might get you a small one bedroom condo, but more likely a small studio (one room + bath apartment). Folks earning less than six figure incomes and not forced or choosing to live in a slum have a long commute or share apartments or group houses. People in those places with low six figure incomes are by no stretch of the imagination rich.

BTW - here's an editorial worth reading: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/18/o...ol-left-region
    Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.