Page 9 of 32 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: If Rubio gets this child tax credit thing done

We should have just dealt with corporate tax reform, but of course, the Left would make that impossible.
    Why should corporations get a break, but not people right?

Instead, we were forced into the quagmire of trying to do something with individual rates.

Quote Originally Posted by George K View Post
    People in those places with low six figure incomes are by no stretch of the imagination rich.
    They ain't poor, either, no matter where they live. Also I think Feinstein is probably confusing "median" with "Average."

I read today that the rich aren't actually getting a tax cut that's proportional to the amount they pay. It stands to reason that they will always get the lion's share of the cut since they pay the most, but according to Brookings 84% of all taxpayers will get a cut. That's not bad.

Quote Originally Posted by George K View Post
    I don't know about California, but in NYC and DC $750,00 might get you a small one bedroom condo, but more likely a small studio (one room + bath apartment). Folks earning less than six figure incomes and not forced or choosing to live in a slum have a long commute or share apartments or group houses. People in those places with low six figure incomes are by no stretch of the imagination rich.

BTW - here's an editorial worth reading: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/18/o...ol-left-region
    Is President Trump a member of the House or Senate? I think I remember from junior high school social studies, he's neither, right?

And I think I remember that the President doesn't write bills, he only signs them. I think I saw that on "Schoolhouse Rock."

Too bad, the editorial writer for the New York Times didn't go to junior high school or watch Saturday morning cartoons.

If a tax cut is paid for by increasing the national debt, is it really a tax cut, or is it just borrowing against future income?

Quote Originally Posted by creekguy View Post
    If a tax cut is paid for by increasing the national debt, is it really a tax cut, or is it just borrowing against future income?
    So long as we're the world's reserve currency I don't think it matters if its financed by debt.

I just made that up. Somebody factcheck me.

I think the question is: Is a tax cut really stimulative if people just assume they're going to have to pay it back? The answer is yes, if there are unused resources that can be put to work to add to aggregate demand.

Just keep removing taxes

I have the job of feeding that goose that lays Golden eggs in DC---It magically pays for all those services you need

Aint it a great world??

Quote Originally Posted by Steven View Post
    I think the question is: Is a tax cut really stimulative if people just assume they're going to have to pay it back? The answer is yes, if there are unused resources that can be put to work to add to aggregate demand.
    Yeah, OK, sure.....

Yeah, OK, sure.....
    C'mon CG--lets just all agree the partisan Republicans are financial geniuses ----you get all the things you need and You Don't have to pay for it---Damn, I could only hope to reach that level of intelligence (OK I got it CG---I can be smart like that if I paint an X between my eyes and you hit that X with a Baseball Bat----Then all this will make sense---(I only hope I won't then be smarter than the governing party after my "infliction")

Garsh