Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25333435

Thread: If Rubio gets this child tax credit thing done

I think it is sad that you are so cheaply purchased. When the deficit goes up, you lose medicare and you can't collect social security until you are 80 it will all be worth it.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

Absolutely. If I could keep paying SS until my folks die. Then stop when they do and never collect a dime of it as long as my kids never had to pay in I’d sign on the dotted line in a blink of an eye. If planned my retirement to assume I won’t get a penny. If I could take what I’m paying in when my folks die and invest I’d be able to retire even earlier. Would do it without hesitation.
    “Labor unions are super-PACs. Labor unions are super-PACs Democrats like so we don’t go after labor unions .”
    -Howard Screamin Dean

How much do you think your health insurance would cost you without Medicare? More than $40 a month for sure.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by fishingcomic View Post
    I think it is sad that you are so cheaply purchased. When the deficit goes up, you lose medicare and you can't collect social security until you are 80 it will all be worth it.
    Not worried. I'm retiring in 9 years

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

How long do you think it will take for them to make those changes?

How much do you think your health insurance would cost you without Medicare? More than $40 a month for sure.
    $40 per month? Who pays that?
    “Labor unions are super-PACs. Labor unions are super-PACs Democrats like so we don’t go after labor unions .”
    -Howard Screamin Dean

How long do you think it will take for them to make those changes?
    None of what you are saying will come to fruition. Maybe, just maybe, SS will disappear but I have done my retirement planning as if SS will not exist at all. If it's not there no big deal. If it is, then bonus.

Your healthcare costs will wipe out your retirement.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...=.8e4104b34b98