Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Senator elect Doug Jones, (D) Alabama

Quote Originally Posted by jbilly View Post
    The Onion had a headline something like "Roy Moore to Retire From Politics; Plans to Spend Free time With Someone Else's Daughter."

Pleasantly surprised to have seen that.

Quote Originally Posted by George K View Post
    Speaking of the Hizzonor Judge Moore:

Did anyone else notice that that the horse he rode in on (heh, heh) to the polling station was named Sassy, as was a magazine marketed to teen-aged girls?

Just askin'.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sassy_(magazine)

Edit - Seriously, er , or at least somewhat seriously though, consider the idea that the GOPoT&M actually won because they will not have a live albatross named Moore hanging around the neck of every candidate in 2018, while the Dems won very little; one vote in the Senate and a few fleeting moments of feel-good.
    George, this was the narrative on at least two right wing fascist radio programs today. “Thank God Roy Moore didn’t win because it would have hurt the Republican brand... “

While somewhat true these same fascists were getting out the vote for him on Monday and Tuesday. Hilarious.

I wouldn’t have not voted for him because of the allegations. Allegations that are almost as old as I am. If we’re going to let unprovable allegations shape our future elections, due process be damned, then we’re in trouble. I wouldn’t have voted for him because he has serious issues separating church and state, and he’s a pretend cowboy. Pretend cowboys are f-ing weird.

Don't forget that Moore was removed, twice, from the Alabama Supreme Court. Once for commissioning a 10 Commandments Monument, and once for telling "until further decision by the Alabama Supreme Court, the existing orders of the Alabama Supreme Court that Alabama probate judges have a ministerial duty not to issue any marriage license contrary to the Alabama Sanctity of Marriage Amendment or the Alabama Marriage Protection Act remain in full force and effect."

Quote Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
    I wouldn’t have not voted for him because of the allegations. Allegations that are almost as old as I am. If we’re going to let unprovable allegations shape our future elections, due process be damned, then we’re in trouble. I wouldn’t have voted for him because he has serious issues separating church and state, and he’s a pretend cowboy. Pretend cowboys are f-ing weird.
    HEY!...HEY!....HEY!......Ease up there pardner

Quote Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
    Pretend cowboys are f-ing weird.

What if Donny wants to be Russia tonight?
    Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.

You mean....Back in the USSR....You don't know how lucky you are, boy....

Pretend cowboys ARE weird!