Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Four for Four

Right on time---24 hours later----Bethlehem is full of black smoke

Must be from all the celebratory fires

If fears of terrorism or Palestinians rioting are the best reasons not to recognize at least West Jerusalem as the capital of Israel in the face of all reality, we should have done this a long, long, time ago.

No the reason is because it jeopardizes the peace process, which is the end goal for some of us. Others I recognize have no interest in seeing peace in the middle east that does not end with the utter destruction of Palestine. Bibi and Trump appear to be two of them.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by fishingcomic View Post
    No the reason is because it jeopardizes the peace process.
    For the sake of repeating myself, I'll call BULLSHIT once again. Getting rid of the delusion and getting at least some part of Jerusalem completely off the table will help. Mark my words.

Quote Originally Posted by fishingcomic View Post
    Others I recognize have no interest in seeing peace in the middle east that does not end with the utter destruction of Palestine.
    Ignoring the fact that there's never, ever been a Palestinian nation...if you're suggesting that the goal is to wipe out the Palestinians in some kind of genocidal murderous frenzy, then you're as bad as Ed.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven View Post
    For the sake of repeating myself, I'll call BULLSHIT once again. Getting rid of the delusion and getting at least some part of Jerusalem completely off the table will help. Mark my words.

Ignoring the fact that there's never, ever been a Palestinian nation...if you're suggesting that the goal is to wipe out the Palestinians in some kind of genocidal murderous frenzy, then you're as bad as Ed.
    What a terrible thing to say to someone.

You threw a huge high hanging curve ball right there. I'll just watch it go by.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven View Post
    If fears of terrorism or Palestinians rioting are the best reasons not to recognize at least West Jerusalem as the capital of Israel in the face of all reality, we should have done this a long, long, time ago.
    There you go Steven, staring at one tree and ignoring the forest. Whatever slim chances the peace process had have been set back considerably in a craven political act aimed at appeasing Trump's extreme evangelical supporters, who hope this will hasten Armageddon.
    Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.

Quote Originally Posted by magalloway View Post
    I suspect that Dolt45's 'Base' in this case are ultra-conservative Christian groups who see the return of power to Jerusalem as a precursor to Armageddon.
    I believe his evangelical advisor said moving the Embassy is a good idea, because Christians have a strong tie to Jews. And I don't get the idea of speeding us towards Armageddon. If they read the Bible, it says that nobody knows when Jesus returns. Speeding up the coming of Armageddon in effect would be humans trying alter God's schedule. Seems counter to Christian belief. Also it is counter to the most important lessons of the Bible. Love and peace.

Pretty sure the non-Christian world doesn't want a war forced on them, because of some other group's beliefs.
    "We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.

Quote Originally Posted by George K View Post
    There you go Steven, staring at one tree and ignoring the forest. Whatever slim chances the peace process had have been set back considerably.
    There you go...George. I'm not staring at one tree. I truly believe that this is the best thing for the peace process. Letting the Palestinian leaders continue to convince their followers that all of Jerusalem could possibly be their own is detrimental.

Letting people live in their delusions isn't a way to negotiate anything.

So,, entire nations fall because of Islamic State, Taliban, Al-Queda, Boko Haram, etc, etc, all tied to Islam. Millions of people murdered across the world and in the US, 911, in the name of this ideology, but that’s just radicals and nothing to do with the religion.

Trump says he’ll move the Embassy to Jerusalem and suddenly Christians are trying to start Armageddon . Seriously? Hypocrisy much?
    Last edited by MikeA; 12-07-2017 at 08:30 PM.