Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 122

Thread: Four for Four

  1. #61
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Central Vermont
    Posts
    536
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
    So,, entire nations fall because of Islamic State, Taliban, Al-Queda, Boko Haram, etc, etc, all tied to Islam. Millions of people murdered across the world and in the US, 911, in the name of this ideology, but thatís just radicals and nothing to do with the religion.
    The fact that people have been murdered (it is not millions, but yes, a lot of people) in the name of "this ideology" does not mean that Islam is inherently about murdering and violence. The vast majority of Muslims are not murderers. Yes, there are Islamic terrorists, but that does not mean all Muslims are terrorists.

    I do not know what the Christian fundamentalists are up to. As far as I am concerned they are not living in the real world. But, I don't care--whatever floats their boat is fine as long as they don't try to cram it down on me (like Roy Moore does). To each his own, live and let live, etc...

    I don't think sticking a stick in the eye of the Palestinians/Arabs is all that helpful to US interests.

  2. #62

  3. #63
    Super Moderator FishTX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Америка
    Posts
    7,506
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
    Trump says heíll move the Embassy to Jerusalem and suddenly Christians are trying to start Armageddon . Seriously? Hypocrisy much?
    Nobody said all Christians. Most aren't trying to hasten it.
    "We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

    Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.

  4. #64
    Senior Member Buffco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    9,491
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Mt Boy View Post
    The fact that people have been murdered (it is not millions, but yes, a lot of people) in the name of "this ideology" does not mean that Islam is inherently about murdering and violence. The vast majority of Muslims are not murderers. Yes, there are Islamic terrorists, but that does not mean all Muslims are terrorists.

    I do not know what the Christian fundamentalists are up to. As far as I am concerned they are not living in the real world. But, I don't care--whatever floats their boat is fine as long as they don't try to cram it down on me (like Roy Moore does). To each his own, live and let live, etc...

    I don't think sticking a stick in the eye of the Palestinians/Arabs is all that helpful to US interests.
    They (Muslims) ain't denouncing it (terrorism), either.

    What are Christian fundamentalists up to? Why, starting Armageddon of course. Right after the fried chicken dinner.

  5. #65
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,235
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
    So,, entire nations fall because of Islamic State, Taliban, Al-Queda, Boko Haram, etc, etc, all tied to Islam. Millions of people murdered across the world and in the US, 911, in the name of this ideology, but thatís just radicals and nothing to do with the religion.

    Trump says heíll move the Embassy to Jerusalem and suddenly Christians are trying to start Armageddon . Seriously? Hypocrisy much?
    Not all Christians...think the Pope thinks moving embassy is a bad idea---and yes those islamic extremists do not get a pass either

  6. #66
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,235
    The issue here is Jerusalem has changed hands so many times that many lay claim to it

    Again politics and borders aside---it is a religious symbol to several groups---To just circumvent a process and Give it to Israel just because is wrong ---period

    But Trump apparently has been bought and paid for----time to cash in

  7. #67
    Senior Member Shawn C.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Freakin' Utah...
    Posts
    4,949
    Quote Originally Posted by FishTX View Post
    Nobody said all Christians. Most aren't trying to hasten it.
    True enough but American evangelicals give Christianity a really, really bad name. I wonder if there are large, politicized groups of crazy Christians in other countries? Are the German neo-nazis fervently Christian?

    Mike A,
    No hypocrisy here. All people of any religion who believe in their religious texts in a literal sense are a threat to peace and the advancement of the human race. People are incorrect when they say money is the root of all evil.

  8. #68
    Senior Member Shawn C.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Freakin' Utah...
    Posts
    4,949
    I have read that Tillerson was against this. I expect he will be out very soon. Even though I was against his appointment I think he has done a good job. God knows who we're going to get next.

  9. #69
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,235
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn C. View Post
    True enough but American evangelicals give Christianity a really, really bad name. I wonder if there are large, politicized groups of crazy Christians in other countries? Are the German neo-nazis fervently Christian?

    Mike A,
    No hypocrisy here. All people of any religion who believe in their religious texts in a literal sense are a threat to peace and the advancement of the human race. People are incorrect when they say money is the root of all evil.
    All respect Shawn
    Take someone you consider a close friend
    start a business proposition
    Say that you'll split everything 50/50
    Stipulate you'll both put forth equal effort
    get back to me

  10. #70
    Senior Member Shawn C.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Freakin' Utah...
    Posts
    4,949
    Yeah, I see your point. Maybe money is just the root of a tremendously large percentage of all evil?

    I am anything but a fervent capitalist. I'm not a socialist either but capitalism pretty much sucks too.
    Last edited by Shawn C.; 12-08-2017 at 05:46 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •