Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Four for Four

I didn't say the Palestinians wouldn't get it except by war.
    That will be negotiated. I expect that they will eventually get at least some of it, although not total control of the Temple Mount.

I seems to me that the Moslem world has a lot on its plate these days. I think relocation will have less impact than if it happened several decades ago. The warring tribes in Syria, Yemen, etc will quit burning each others children with napalm for a while just to complain about the affront to their religion.
    This event has the value of slowly bringing the Moslem world closer to dealing with reality. Inciting terrorism? Will that be something new?
    Last edited by creekguy; 12-06-2017 at 10:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by creekguy View Post
    I seems to me that the Moslem world has a lot on its plate these days. I think relocation will have less impact than if it happened several decades ago. The warring tribes in Syria, Yemen, etc will quit burning each others children with napalm for a while just to complain about the affront to their religion.
    This event has the value of slowly bringing the Moslem world closer to dealing with reality. Inciting terrorism? Will that be something new?
    Actually pretty much the Administration's reasoning.

1) Israeli control of West Jerusalem is a reality. It might as well be recognized.
    2) The U.S., Saudis, Jordanians, and Egyptians are too united in dealing with Iran and its proxies to have a serious breakdown in relations.

Trump has no reasoning other than exciting his base.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by fishingcomic View Post
    Trump has no reasoning other than exciting his base.
    BINGO!!

This move is such a bad idea...One can only hope that this will not draw fire towards Israel and the USA....Has Jerusalem not been claimed as the "Holy Place" of several religions???...We all know politics and religion work so well together

I cannot believe the playground leadership of potus---hey Rocket Man---Muslim ban...etc---your future is being planned by a deranged reality tv star-----sleep well

Lock that guy up before he causes you damage

Oh well..at least he's not digging up half of Utah...oh wait

Oh also

Western allies of Britain, France and Germany have tried to change trump's decision on this---good luck
    Still trying to change the channel on not getting him or his family arrested I guess for obstruction of justice

Well still good he's not opened mining in Indian graveyards in Utah I guess....oh wait

Why are we pouring gasoline on a fire by recognizing Jerusalem as the capital of Israel? To make the Israelis feel good? I'm fine with supporting Israel on its right to exist and be free from attack, but we don't need to do this to accomplish those goals.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Mt Boy View Post
    Why are we pouring gasoline on a fire by recognizing Jerusalem as the capital of Israel? To make the Israelis feel good? I'm fine with supporting Israel on its right to exist and be free from attack, but we don't need to do this to accomplish those goals.
    Well, it plays well to his base*, for one. Plus, there are many on the right that think this is the right thing to do. Trump doesn't think that because he couldn't find Israel on a map, but he does score points with his base.

Not that many of his supporters can make a cogent argument regarding this or any other Middle East politics, but the lefties don't like it so it must be a great thing. Steven is one of the few people who make a thoughtful argument.
    I honestly don't give a shit.

This whole thing just brings up the specter of the crusades. Arabs have very long memories. They will rally.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

This is bulletin board material for entities who are looking for a reason to hate the US---trump wins

Who loses---stay tuned