Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: So happy I no longer live near that loney bin

So happy I no longer live near that loney bin

“Labor unions are super-PACs. Labor unions are super-PACs Democrats like so we don’t go after labor unions .”
    -Howard Screamin Dean

Couldn't make an example out of the illegal immigrant that would be just wrong.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie just look at the flowers.

I’m surprised to read of the acquittal. She must have had Skittles in her pocket.

This is a shocking verdict but I have to wonder if Donny Boy’s comments and social media presence did not contribute to it.

Don't erect a bronze statue of this criminal just yet.
    This verdict will largely bolster support for Trump's agenda regarding the wall and defunding of sanctuary cities. The public appears to be pissed about this one. Watch.
    All of your Trout are belong to me.

10 feet higher!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by swizz View Post
    Don't erect a bronze statue of this criminal just yet.
    This verdict will largely bolster support for Trump's agenda regarding the wall and defunding of sanctuary cities. The public appears to be pissed about this one. Watch.
    You're right, witness two of the posts above yours.. Although the facts seem to support the verdict, facts don't matter to many folks. These paragraphs sum up why the verdict might be correct.

..Michael Cardoza, a longtime San Francisco Bay Area lawyer said the prosecutor made a mistake by asking the jury to convict Garcia Zarate of first-degree murder despite strong evidence that the bullet ricocheted around 90 feet (27 meters) before fatally striking Steinle on July 1, 2015. Cardoza said a better case could have been made to convince jurors Garcia Zarate had a “reckless disregard for human life” and convicted him of second-degree murder.

“The prosecutor got greedy,” Cardoza said. “She lost credibility when she told jurors he pointed the gun at Kate Steinle.”

Garcia declined comment afterward. Alex Bastian, a spokesman for the San Francisco district attorney’s office, said the verdict “was not the one we were hoping for” but said prosecutors respect the jury’s decision.

Prosecutors initially charged Garcia Zarate with second-degree murder, which meant they had to show jurors he had a “willful disregard for human life” when he picked up the gun. But at the end of the trial, the judge agreed to the prosecutor’s request that jurors could also consider convicting him of first-degree murder if they believed Garcia Zarate meant to kill Steinle.

Garcia Zarate’s attorneys argued that the ricochet of the fatal bullet supported an accidental shooting theory. Defense attorney Matt Gonzalez said told jurors he knows it’s difficult to believe Garcia Zarate found an object that turned out to be a weapon, which fired when he picked it up...

https://apnews.com/02d16749a92b4b729...on-immigration
    Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.

Quote Originally Posted by George K View Post
    You're right, witness two of the posts above yours.. Although the facts seem to support the verdict, facts don't matter to many folks. These paragraphs sum up why the verdict might be correct.

..Michael Cardoza, a longtime San Francisco Bay Area lawyer said the prosecutor made a mistake by asking the jury to convict Garcia Zarate of first-degree murder despite strong evidence that the bullet ricocheted around 90 feet (27 meters) before fatally striking Steinle on July 1, 2015. Cardoza said a better case could have been made to convince jurors Garcia Zarate had a “reckless disregard for human life” and convicted him of second-degree murder.

“The prosecutor got greedy,” Cardoza said. “She lost credibility when she told jurors he pointed the gun at Kate Steinle.”

Garcia declined comment afterward. Alex Bastian, a spokesman for the San Francisco district attorney’s office, said the verdict “was not the one we were hoping for” but said prosecutors respect the jury’s decision.

Prosecutors initially charged Garcia Zarate with second-degree murder, which meant they had to show jurors he had a “willful disregard for human life” when he picked up the gun. But at the end of the trial, the judge agreed to the prosecutor’s request that jurors could also consider convicting him of first-degree murder if they believed Garcia Zarate meant to kill Steinle.

Garcia Zarate’s attorneys argued that the ricochet of the fatal bullet supported an accidental shooting theory. Defense attorney Matt Gonzalez said told jurors he knows it’s difficult to believe Garcia Zarate found an object that turned out to be a weapon, which fired when he picked it up...

https://apnews.com/02d16749a92b4b729...on-immigration
    It's a shame the facts didn't carry much weight in all his previous arrests. Had the facts and the law been used as they are intended to be she would still be among the living.

I go 10mph over the speed limit and I get a $300 ticket that I can pay, or lose my license, then my job, then everything I own. This POS comes here, commits felonies, gets deported, comes back, repeat, repeat x5, steals a gun, kills a young woman, and he gets a pass. UnF--inbelievable.
    Last edited by MikeA; 12-01-2017 at 01:58 PM.

Time Magazine is now split as to whether this illegal alien or Kaepernick should grace their Person of The Year cover.
    All of your Trout are belong to me.

Now he'll get a path to citizenship and run for mayor of San Fran.

Apparently the jury felt that his multiple criminal acts and illegal entry into the U.S. had no bearing on the death of Katie Steinle. But hey...that's San Francisco for you
    Last edited by NZ Indicator; 12-01-2017 at 02:52 PM.