Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: I wonder what the dating scene in D.C. looks like right now

Quote Originally Posted by fishingcomic View Post
    Again you always posted it in response to wrongful shootings by police officers of black men and you even stated once that race could be a factor in the violence, so I call bull spit.

Tell me again how violence in Chicago is even remotely related to a police officer shooting a black man in St Louis.
    Go sign up to police the streets of St Louis or Baltimore Chris. Do something about the injustice you rail on so often. They are super desperate to find someone, anyone, willing to patrol the area as we type.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
    Go sign up to police the streets of St Louis or Baltimore Chris. Do something about the injustice you rail on so often. They are super desperate to find someone, anyone, willing to patrol the area as we type.
    He does do something about the injustice. He votes for Democrats.

Sorry, just had to do that!

Quote Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
    I'll do that once you do something about the crime in Chicago.

You still haven't explained why one justifies the other. Unless once again you are saying that those black people deserve it, because well Chicago.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by fishingcomic View Post
    I'll do that once you do something about the crime in Chicago.

You still haven't explained why one justifies the other. Unless once again you are saying that those black people deserve it, because well Chicago.
    That's your head movie dude. I let the courts divvy out the justice. If you're asking me why cops in many of our cities are scared shitless and make mistakes, then you need to read the news more often. Or better yet, join the force. Your constant insinuation that police officers go out hunting people of color to shoot is just as prejudiced as the stereotypes you rail on and on about. Pot, meet kettle.
    Last edited by MikeA; 11-23-2017 at 05:11 AM.

No it is your head. For some reason the two in your head are related, I am at a loss as to why. Seems to me that you are saying that police officers are so justified in being terrified of black people that shooting them just makes common sense. If that is not your insinuation, I fail to see how it makes any sense to bring it up.

I have never said that police officers go out hunting for people of color. I am saying that people like you seem to jump to the conclusion that every time a black person gets shot by a police officer, regardless of circumstance, they deserve it and you trot out Chicago as proof.
    Last edited by fishingcomic; 11-23-2017 at 05:22 AM.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by creekguy View Post
    Getting back to sex (ah) it does occur to me that all over America, hard working (and not so hard working) women are suddenly getting the raises and promotions from their male bosses they had long been promised. Good for the economy, yes?
    Yeah. Until productivity falls, and Queen Bee syndrome sets in and increases employee turnover.

And then, outside the box thinking will be discouraged, then punished... and strict adherence to rules and procedure will be strictly enforced, even to the detriment of the company.
    Last edited by Buffco; 11-24-2017 at 12:10 AM.

Well, that's one heck of a flying leap off of the reality train....

And if that happens then the bosses are responsible for hiring badly.
    Last edited by creekguy; 11-24-2017 at 03:09 AM.

Naw, it's biology. Women are different than men, beyond genitalia.

In what way?