Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Yemen famine

Yemen famine

The U.S. supports Saudi Arabia which is causing the famine in Yemen.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/when-fo...d-as-a-weapon/

This week on 60 Minutes, correspondent Scott Pelley reports on the dire conditions for children in Yemen. The situation is so severe that, according to the U.N., a child in Yemen dies every ten minutes. But the widespread starvation is an underreported story because, as Pelley explains, the Saudi-led blockade that's cutting off food supplies is also blocking journalists from entering Yemen.

It happened to Pelley and a 60 Minutes crew as they tried to enter Yemen to film conditions on the ground for this week's report.

"It's an extreme case," Pelley tells 60 Minutes Overtime. "In my experience, I have never found a country so sealed off from the rest of the world as Yemen under the Saudi coalition today."

"It's very rare to have a situation in which you have this all-out war, millions of people facing famine, nearly a million people infected by cholera—and the world can't see it," he says.

Somehow the Iranians are managing to smuggle ballistic missiles into Yemen for use by their proxies.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ebels-in-yemen

Perhaps they could throw some crates of food into the cargoes of weapons they are shipping.

Ron Paul asks a good question.

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/48264.htm

Why Are We Helping Saudi Arabia Destroy Yemen?

We are told that US foreign policy should reflect American values. So how can Washington support Saudi Arabia – a tyrannical state with one of the worst human rights record on earth – as it commits by what any measure is a genocide against the Yemeni people? The UN undersecretary-general for humanitarian affairs warned just last week that Yemen faces "the largest famine the world has seen for many decades with millions of victims." The Red Cross has just estimated that a million people are vulnerable in the cholera epidemic that rages through Yemen.

http://news.antiwar.com/2017/11/23/s...for-yemen-war/

Saudis to Buy $7 Billion More in US Arms for Yemen War

Quote Originally Posted by EdB View Post
    Majority of Americans don't even know about this Ed. I just asked my in-laws...they weren't even aware of it.

Black Friday is on...

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by NZ Indicator View Post

Black Friday is on...

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    There are some great deals on kitchen appliances. Our new (old) house has an electric range and I know actually swear at it and even flip it off while cooking. Electric cooktops suck dog balls. I think now may be the time to pull the trigger on a gas range. Gotta get a plumber to give me an estimate for running a gas line early this week.
    The Yemenis are welcome to come over for standing rib roast and pan seared scallops over Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn C. View Post
    There are some great deals on kitchen appliances. Our new (old) house has an electric range and I know actually swear at it and even flip it off while cooking. Electric cooktops suck dog balls. I think now may be the time to pull the trigger on a gas range. Gotta get a plumber to give me an estimate for running a gas line early this week.
    The Yemenis are welcome to come over for standing rib roast and pan seared scallops over Christmas.
    Whats wrong with electric cooktops?

I have had my flat surface electric for 17 years now. Works great!!

This week on 60 Minutes, correspondent Scott Pelley reports on the dire conditions for children in Yemen. The situation is so severe that, according to the U.N., a child in Yemen dies every ten minutes. But the widespread starvation is an underreported story because, as Pelley explains, the Saudi-led blockade that's cutting off food supplies is also blocking journalists from entering Yemen.
    This would seem to imply that the Saudi blockade is the cause, but the Saudi blockade has only been in effect for three weeks (and has recently been ended) and was put in effect after the Saudis intercepted a rebel missile aimed at Riyadh.

Quote Originally Posted by NZ Indicator View Post
    Majority of Americans don't even know about this Ed. I just asked my in-laws...they weren't even aware of it.

Black Friday is on...
    Prince Harry is marrying a biracial, Catholic, divorced actress from Compton.

We are told that US foreign policy should reflect American values.
    We are? Says who?

We operate under the dictum that "The enemy of our enemy is our friend," and pretty much always have since Lafayette came to America. The last time we didn't was the Arab Spring and that turned into a complete pile of shit.