Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Islay single malts

Quote Originally Posted by Steven View Post
    Anejos and Reposados, only, I would hope.

I mostly alternate between bourbon, rye and tequila.
    I will take any suggestions
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

Fortaleza, Herradura, and Corazon are three brands I've enjoyed recently.

The Fortaleza anejo is expensive. The reposado is a little more reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven View Post
    Fortaleza, Herradura, and Corazon are three brands I've enjoyed recently.

The Fortaleza anejo is expensive. The reposado is a little more reasonable.
    corralejo anejo is very good.....and can be had for a decent price

corzo is a newer brand.....a little to clean & refined, but drinks very well
    Fly Fishing in Maine - www.flyfishinginmaine.com

I don't consider it "Top shelf", but I really like Milagro Silver. It's got kind of a spicy taste that I really like.

George, I picked up a bottle of 10 year Ardbeg. . . excellent choice.

In fact, I doubt that bottle will survive beyond today.

Well that certainly would not be setting a precedence.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

I have never been a fan of drinking rye neat, until now. For anyone who appreciates a whiskey/whisky with an appealing nose, great taste and mouth feel and a good finish I recommend trying "Bulleit (95) Rye". This is amazing stuff at a reasonable price, light years ahead of their serviceable but far from great bourbon. Adding anything, even ice or water seems like sacrilege.

If you've never had a good rye you really should try this.
    Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.

i've been drinking the Cazadores anejo this week......at $37, the price is pretty good, and i like it
    Fly Fishing in Maine - www.flyfishinginmaine.com

Quote Originally Posted by George K View Post
    I have never been a fan of drinking rye neat, until now. For anyone who appreciates a whiskey/whisky with an appealing nose, great taste and mouth feel and a good finish I recommend trying "Bulleit (95) Rye". This is amazing stuff at a reasonable price, light years ahead of their serviceable but far from great bourbon. Adding anything, even ice or water seems like sacrilege.

Will do. Sounds good.

Quote Originally Posted by George K View Post

I always thought the Bulleit Bourbon was pretty good and at one time it was economical. It has jumped up to Jack Prices due to popularity. I've yet to find anything that I'd rather sip than Jack. But I'm just a TN hillbilly.