Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Where are all you folks that were whining about Ferguson today?

Quote Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
    Why would they? It's two totally different topics.
    And that is the same thing with this topic. Funny that you cannot see that.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

I appreciate the civil response and while I think you're going overboard by saying he was "characterizing neo-Nazis and white supremacists as good people" I'll agree his comments weren't presidential at all. I do agree with him that there were two violent groups at that gathering.
    I'll disagree that the media isn't biased as well... It's pretty well established that the left owns the media with few exceptions (fox).
    That is because Fox, whose bias is well documented, keeps telling you that.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by fishingcomic View Post
    That is because Fox, whose bias is well documented, keeps telling you that.
    Except I don't have cable and haven't for years, so fox isn't telling me anything...

Well whatever alt-right rag you are reading on the Internet then.

Quote Originally Posted by fishingcomic View Post
    Well whatever alt-right rag you are reading on the Internet then.
    There's that broad brush... See you're not so different either.

No it is a pointed brush directed at you.

I just love all these patriotic American Nazi apologists.

LOL

Instead the focus is on tearing down statues of men long dead. It's mind boggling to me that this is where the focus is being centered while kids are being slaughtered as we type, in cities across the us. It's hippocritical at best.
    Just a thought. And A snark-free thought at that.
    I think a lot of this "All we're hearing is how the left wants to take down every statue blah, blah, blah..." is generated by the right-wing media outlets, of which there are many more than just Fox. Sure, there are people on the left and middle that are saying that the statues should probably come down. Many of those people are saying that in measured tones and with a lot of thought and reasoning. Others not so much. But when the conservative revenue-generating media wants to tell the story, which narrative are they going to focus on? The one with a nuanced discussion of the merits? Of course not! Look, I actually listen to a couple of hours of crazy rightwing radio per week. They are going absolutely nuts saying that the left is going to want to tear down the Washington Monument and Lincoln Memorials soon.