Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: McConnell says Trump had "excessive expectations" as far as health care reform

McConnell says Trump had "excessive expectations" as far as health care reform

If he did, he had good reason to have them.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...47654431035393

This is not the craziest thing the Donald has ever said, to be honest. Why wasn't there a plan to repeal and replace ready to go? I believe its because no one expected Trump to win, and the GOP does better as an opposition party than it does as a governing party. I mean shit, Jason Chaffetz quit the Congress once he realized he wasn't going to be able to spend 4 years subpoenaing Clinton Administration officials.

McConnell does a good job of managing expectations, though.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.2f3d15854b95

He should be a flats guide, not a United States Senator. "I don't know, fellas, the wind is picking up. It might be a tough day for the fishing. . . "

This columnist thinks Trump is making a mistake in picking a fight with McConnell:

Donald Trump just picked a dumb fight with Mitch McConnell

http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/09/politi...ino/index.html

The notion that Trump is pissed at and insulting McConnell and as a result McConnell is ticked off is totally fine with me. Keep fighting guys--it stalls your respective agendas!

The reason why repeal and replace was not ready to go is due to the phenomena aptly described by former House Speaker Sam Rayburn, who said "[a]ny jackass can kick down a barn, but it takes a good carpenter to build one."

You are dead on that the GOP is better at being an opposition party than a governing party.

McConnell is likely correct. Trump is used to being the boss. Politics doesn't work like being the boss of a company where you say jump and employees jump.
    "We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.

Quote Originally Posted by sherb View Post
    Why wasn't there a plan to repeal and replace ready to go?
    Paul Ryan stopped by to say WTF?

Quote Originally Posted by Steven View Post
    Paul Ryan stopped by to say WTF?
    What? what did I miss?

Ryan had a plan.

Sorry, I meant a viable plan.

God knows they had plenty of time.

Quote Originally Posted by FishTX View Post
    McConnell is likely correct. Trump is used to being the boss. Politics doesn't work like being the boss of a company where you say jump and employees jump.
    Plus being POTUS is an actual, you know, job. That dumb MFer hasn't worked a day in his life up until inauguration.

Trump is continuing his attack on McConnell:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...8ed_story.html

I get why he is frustrated but I don't see how publicly pounding on the Senate Majority Leader from your own party is going to help accomplish your objective. If anything you'd think Trump would recognize that McConnell did pretty good in getting 49 votes for a bill that was panned by the doctors, the hospitals, the health insurers and many state governors, including Rs.