Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: It's been a year...

Quote Originally Posted by NZ Indicator View Post
    Yeah...to each their own. I prefer the quiet and non hustle and bustle of small town life.

They build cabins up here all over the place. Come up almost every weekend. 6 hours to get here on Friday then drive 6 hours home on Sunday. Visit or wish they could live here year round? IDK.
    If they can afford two homes, they can afford to live there year round.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

They can afford 2 homes because they are making 6 figure salaries in the big city. Their job or one similar to it wouldn't pay the same in WI.

Quote Originally Posted by George K View Post
    There's no need ever to go to a city if you are content to live without first class museums, theater, music, architecture, restaurants serving food you haven't mastered at home with dozens of choices for each of those.

But without at regular exposure to those things you are living what Socrates called "the unexamined life".
    At my age, I've done all of that and I'm convinced that a sunset over a high mountain lake with a good glass of bourbon is all I need to be extremely happy.
    I'd love to have the music from Nashville, the food from Seattle (except their Mexican sucks), and the museums of Washington close by, but I can't have them all so I'll opt for the simple life without the people.

WTF? how does Steven saying he's been in Des Moines for a year turn into 72 posts?

Quote Originally Posted by sherb View Post
    WTF? how does Steven saying he's been in Des Moines for a year turn into 72 posts?
    Without any sherb fashion faux pas or Comic/Buford gun posts, we've got nothing left.

Because all Trump all the time is boring?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by CO Native View Post
    At my age, I've done all of that and I'm convinced that a sunset over a high mountain lake with a good glass of bourbon is all I need to be extremely happy.
    I'd love to have the music from Nashville, the food from Seattle (except their Mexican sucks), and the museums of Washington close by, but I can't have them all so I'll opt for the simple life without the people.
    Couldn't agree more.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Big Trucks. Big Girls.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven View Post
    Big Trucks. Big Girls.
    Both Corn Fed

Quote Originally Posted by Bushart View Post
    Both Corn Fed
    This is true.